Thread: Walt Disney Florida

Post imported post

I've asked this before in another forum whether it was okay to carryin Walt Disney. Everyone said OK as long as you carry it on your person. I did andhad no problem.

Not for this lady. Here is what happens when you get caught trying to carry a concealed weapon in Magic Kingdom (in her purse I assume).

I checked if FL honors PA in usacarry.org and they do so I wonder why she was charged with possession of a concealed weapon. OOOPS!! I just watched the video and it said that she does not have a permit.

http://www.local6.com/news/14808445/detail.html

Post imported post

She didn't have a PA or FL permit...or one from any state for that matter.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

I like the typical media exaggeration of "Officers said the gun was loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine."

So... is that opposed to being loaded with seven dead rounds in the magazine? Or being loaded with seven live rounds not in the magazine? Sounds kind of like "an SKS automatic sniper assault rifle". Well, at least they didn't call the part holding ammo a "clip".

Post imported post

I wonder if the lady who was interviewed is scared of the police because they have guns or is she just afraid of anyone else that has a gun?

State Researcher

Post imported post

From Disney's Website:

Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks? A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:
    • Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
    • Alcoholic beverages
    • Weapons of any kind
    • Folding chairs
    • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
    • Pets (unless they are service animals)
    • In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

VtCO wrote:
    From Disney's Website:

Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks? A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:
    • Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
    • Alcoholic beverages
    • Weapons of any kind
    • Folding chairs
    • In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.
    And of course, every person planning a trip to disney world reads the web site carefully......... </sarcasm>

Why do people/places assume if something is on their web site it's well-known?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

VtCO wrote:
    From Disney's Website:

• Alcoholic beverages
    • Weapons of any kind
    • Folding chairs
    Ah. Well, handguns can be tools, not weapons

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    I like the typical media exaggeration of "Officers said the gun was loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine."

So... is that opposed to being loaded with seven dead rounds in the magazine? Or being loaded with seven live rounds not in the magazine? Sounds kind of like "an SKS automatic sniper assault rifle". Well, at least they didn't call the part holding ammo a "clip".
    She had 7 snap caps! OH NOES!!11!

WellI was wondering if she had a permit or not, now saying she didn't. Tsk tsk. And here I thought she had a PA permit all this time. But still stupid of Disney- if legal ccw is barred- gun free zone- bleh.

Post imported post

Come to think of it... does a .32 fall under the "weapon" category?

ccloud43

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Come to think of it... does a .32 fall under the "weapon" category?
    only if you throw it at them.

roflmao