• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walt Disney Florida

Shortie

imported post

I've asked this before in another forum whether it was okay to carryin Walt Disney. Everyone said OK as long as you carry it on your person. I did andhad no problem.

Not for this lady. Here is what happens when you get caught trying to carry a concealed weapon in Magic Kingdom (in her purse I assume).

I checked if FL honors PA in usacarry.org and they do so I wonder why she was charged with possession of a concealed weapon. OOOPS!! I just watched the video and it said that she does not have a permit.

http://www.local6.com/news/14808445/detail.html

imperialism2024

imported post

I like the typical media exaggeration of "Officers said the gun was loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine."

So... is that opposed to being loaded with seven dead rounds in the magazine? Or being loaded with seven live rounds not in the magazine? Sounds kind of like "an SKS automatic sniper assault rifle". Well, at least they didn't call the part holding ammo a "clip".

sccrref

imported post

I wonder if the lady who was interviewed is scared of the police because they have guns or is she just afraid of anyone else that has a gun?

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

From Disney's Website:

Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks? A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:
  • Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets (unless they are service animals)
  • In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VtCO wrote:
From Disney's Website:

Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks? A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:
  • Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
  • In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

And of course, every person planning a trip to disney world reads the web site carefully......... </sarcasm>

Why do people/places assume if something is on their web site it's well-known?

imperialism2024

imported post

VtCO wrote:
From Disney's Website:

• Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
Ah. Well, handguns can be tools, not weapons :)

XD40coyote

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I like the typical media exaggeration of "Officers said the gun was loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine."

So... is that opposed to being loaded with seven dead rounds in the magazine? Or being loaded with seven live rounds not in the magazine? Sounds kind of like "an SKS automatic sniper assault rifle". Well, at least they didn't call the part holding ammo a "clip".

She had 7 snap caps! OH NOES!!11!

WellI was wondering if she had a permit or not, now saying she didn't. Tsk tsk. And here I thought she had a PA permit all this time. But still stupid of Disney- if legal ccw is barred- gun free zone- bleh.

C

ccloud43

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Come to think of it... does a .32 fall under the "weapon" category? :lol:

only if you throw it at them.

:lol:roflmao:lol: