• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Broomhandle Mauser

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I've decided I need to get a C96 Mauser or Astra 900. It would be worth every penny to try and see a cop try and unload THAT one. Plus they look cool. I've actually always wanted one, just never had the money to buy one when they were offered to me. Anyone local got one for sale reasonable on payments?

Attachments

• serial-289409.jpg
    serial-289409.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 700

nofoa

imported post

I have a book called "Portraits of an a gun owner", and about halfway into the book is a great picture of a guy with his broomhandle pistol sitting in a shadowed library space.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

nofoa wrote:
That is a fabulous looking gun with alot of character, what kind of rounds does it shoot?
7.63x25mm Mauser
9x19mm Parabellum
9mm Mauser export
.45 acp
---
7.65x25mm Borchardt
9mm Mauser
7.65x22 Parabellum
9mm Largo
8.15mm Mauser

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I've always wanted either one, and want one even more now just because the average person will have a hard time figuring them out. Any other oddball and difficult guns out there? I thought about the Nagant revolver, but the loading gate is pretty intuitive, and the ammo is puny and expensive.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

You could get a gyrojet... but of course finding that gun is hard, finding the rockets for it is even harder, and I think you might need a FFL class 3 for it:?

Or how about a liberator .45 acp? Thats a funky lookin little gun...

nofoa

imported post

Page 195 from "Armed America"

ArmedAmerica.jpg

Really great book the author did a great job of getting pictures of Mr. and Mrs. America. Since im plugging the book a bit i don't feel bad about scanning a page.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Classy, very classy. Although I could do without the cigarette. Nasty things. Guns don't kill people. Second hand smoke kills people:p

just_a_car

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
As long as it is difficult to figure out how to unload, I'm game right now.

Ball and cap revolver ;)

Flintlock ;)
ROFL!!! Yeah, I'd love to see them fully-unload a blackpowder revolver. Sure, removing the caps would make it unusable, but it's still loaded.

expvideo

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Dave_pro2a wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
As long as it is difficult to figure out how to unload, I'm game right now.

Ball and cap revolver ;)

Flintlock ;)
ROFL!!! Yeah, I'd love to see them fully-unload a blackpowder revolver. Sure, removing the caps would make it unusable, but it's still loaded.

Not under the RCWs. The definition of "loaded" makes a clear distinction for black powder guns as being loaded only if the caps attached.
RCW 9.41.010
Terms defined.

Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.

(9) "Loaded" means:

(e) There is a ball in the barrel and the firearm is capped or primed if the firearm is a muzzle loader.

just_a_car

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Not under the RCWs. The definition of "loaded" makes a clear distinction for black powder guns as being loaded only if the caps attached.

Darn...

Well, do you really think the officers will know that law?... Since they can't even grasp 9.41.290 or the word "AND" with respect to what constitutes the "alarm for the safety of others".

I still think it would be amusing to watch them try to "unload" the balls from the cylinder, not realizing that they only have to remove the caps. Even better when they have to return everything of your property back to you after they've spilled all the gunpowder all over the ground. *chuckle* Can we say destruction of private property "under color of law"? *smirk*