Thread: Newport News, VA Gun Buy-back

Post imported post

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local...,5217951.story

I posted this for a comment on the story:

More stupid anti-gun tricks. The anti-gun people are so blinded by their stupidity that they believe this actually works.
    The only thing that a buy-back scheme does is encourage THEFT and provides the criminals with an easy way of disposing of evidence.
    Oh and I bet the Daily-MESS is just so happy about this...

And---Just in honor of this event, I will go and Purchase a new GUN maybe two or three...and do so in honor of the Daily-Mess...

No.. i'm not limited to just one gun per month... another scheme from the left wing morons.
    And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Post imported post

I've never understood how you can buy back something that was never yours to begin with? It was never the government's gun, so how can the government buy it back?

It's all semantics to make you belive the government let you have something it never should have.

They might as well call it what it really is: The Money for Old, Crappy Guns So You Can DumpYour Murder Gun, Buy Better Guns, or Buy More Ammo Program.

Post imported post

I'm gonna honor this buy-back in a slightly different manner. I'm gonna take an old 22 pistol that I couldn't 100 bucks for from even the dumbest buyer and get my 100 walmart gift card and go use it for 100 worth of ammo

Post imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
    I'm gonna honor this buy-back in a slightly different manner. I'm gonna take an old 22 pistol that I couldn't 100 bucks for from even the dumbest buyer and get my 100 walmart gift card and go use it for 100 worth of ammo
    Somewhere there's a blog about a guy in IL, I think, who collected up a bunch of worthless POS's from guys in his gun club, and then went from location to location with a bag of guns during one of these "buy-back's," and ended up with something like $2500. They used part of the money to fund something for their youth shooter program, and bought ammo with the rest.

Post imported post

Now theres an idea

Post imported post

ScottNH wrote:
    bayboy42 wrote:
    Somewhere there's a blog about a guy in IL, I think, who collected up a bunch of worthless POS's from guys in his gun club, and then went from location to location with a bag of guns during one of these "buy-back's," and ended up with something like $2500. They used part of the money to fund something for their youth shooter program, and bought ammo with the rest.
    that is awesome.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

How does a not-private party get around the ATF 4473 requirements?

Post imported post

Because they are the LAW and they can do what they want. How dare you question them!

Post imported post

My youngest daughter has an old .410 shotgun I paid $85 for some years back. With this great "buy back" program I can get $100 for an old gun I might otherwise sell for $50-60!

This is great just before Christmas.

I'll be OC'ing at the turn in place, of course. :celebrate

Post imported post

They had one of those "gun buy back programs" here in Pa. as well.
    Hosted by the Harrisburg PD. any resident of Pa. could come "surrender" any working
    Firearm for $100 cash. They had such "great success" with the first one, they decided to have a second stab at it. Since they ran out of money, This time, they were giving away $100 Wal-Mart gift cards.

Although, I disagree with the "program" for many reasons, (many already stated in this thread.) I acutally benifited form it rather well.

It's a great place to go "dump" all of those really crappy guns you've hidden in your basement that you don't want your buddies to see. LOL I had a disgusting old .22 revolver that the best offer I could get out of it was $25 from the local gunshop.
    Then there was the two old Sears&Roebuck .22 smoothbores (they had traces of rifling lol) that weren't worth thier weight in scrap.

Luckily, I made it to the first "buy back program" and Cha-Ching 3 fresh, crispy, $100
    bills in my pocket.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Dumb ***** ....

~~Springfield