• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport News, VA Gun Buy-back

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/newport_news/dp-news_gunbuyback_1209dec09,0,5217951.story

I posted this for a comment on the story:

More stupid anti-gun tricks. The anti-gun people are so blinded by their stupidity that they believe this actually works.
The only thing that a buy-back scheme does is encourage THEFT and provides the criminals with an easy way of disposing of evidence.
Oh and I bet the Daily-MESS is just so happy about this...

And---Just in honor of this event, I will go and Purchase a new GUN maybe two or three...and do so in honor of the Daily-Mess...

No.. i'm not limited to just one gun per month... another scheme from the left wing morons.

ScottNH

imported post

I've never understood how you can buy back something that was never yours to begin with? It was never the government's gun, so how can the government buy it back?

It's all semantics to make you belive the government let you have something it never should have.

They might as well call it what it really is: The Money for Old, Crappy Guns So You Can DumpYour Murder Gun, Buy Better Guns, or Buy More Ammo Program.

bayboy42

imported post

I'm gonna honor this buy-back in a slightly different manner. I'm gonna take an old 22 pistol that I couldn't 100 bucks for from even the dumbest buyer and get my 100 walmart gift card and go use it for 100 worth of ammo:lol:

ScottNH

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
I'm gonna honor this buy-back in a slightly different manner. I'm gonna take an old 22 pistol that I couldn't 100 bucks for from even the dumbest buyer and get my 100 walmart gift card and go use it for 100 worth of ammo:lol:
Somewhere there's a blog about a guy in IL, I think, who collected up a bunch of worthless POS's from guys in his gun club, and then went from location to location with a bag of guns during one of these "buy-back's," and ended up with something like $2500. They used part of the money to fund something for their youth shooter program, and bought ammo with the rest.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

ScottNH wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
Somewhere there's a blog about a guy in IL, I think, who collected up a bunch of worthless POS's from guys in his gun club, and then went from location to location with a bag of guns during one of these "buy-back's," and ended up with something like $2500. They used part of the money to fund something for their youth shooter program, and bought ammo with the rest.

that is awesome.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My youngest daughter has an old .410 shotgun I paid $85 for some years back. With this great "buy back" program I can get $100 for an old gun I might otherwise sell for $50-60!

This is great just before Christmas. :)

I'll be OC'ing at the turn in place, of course. :celebrate

Springfield45

imported post

They had one of those "gun buy back programs" here in Pa. as well.
Hosted by the Harrisburg PD. any resident of Pa. could come "surrender" any working
Firearm for $100 cash. They had such "great success" with the first one, they decided to have a second stab at it. Since they ran out of money, This time, they were giving away $100 Wal-Mart gift cards.

Although, I disagree with the "program" for many reasons, (many already stated in this thread.) I acutally benifited form it rather well. :D

It's a great place to go "dump" all of those really crappy guns you've hidden in your basement that you don't want your buddies to see. LOL I had a disgusting old .22 revolver that the best offer I could get out of it was $25 from the local gunshop.
Then there was the two old Sears&Roebuck .22 smoothbores (they had traces of rifling lol) that weren't worth thier weight in scrap.

Luckily, I made it to the first "buy back program" and Cha-Ching 3 fresh, crispy, $100
bills in my pocket.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Dumb shits ....;)

~~Springfield