• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm going on 11 weeks now and am getting pissed, three other people I went to the same class with all have received their permits, including one who had to send in a court document on a charge from long ago.

I called fourweeks ago and this woman tells me, "You're lucky, it's in the system and complete."

So I laugh and say "Lucky"? What's luck got to do with it"?

She didn't like that and said, "That it's in the system and complete."

So I'm like, "Well, they won't be needing any more information from me then"?

She says, "No, I said it's in the system and complete."

So I say, "Well, I guess it's a matter of them laminating it and mailing it."

I call again last week, and this time a woman tells me, it's in processing.

So it went from being in the system and complete to still being in processing?

mmmmmmmmm

I didn't say anything...this time, I just said, ok, thank you.

I'll give it abnother week and call again, this time I'll be asking why I was told one thing the first time I called and something different the second time.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Right from the DACS website...

Processing Time For Applications

Once the Division of Licensing has your complete application, it will take about 90 days for the Division to process it and notify you of the outcome. This time can be significantly less if the applicant chooses to submit his/her fingerprints electronically. You may find out more about this by going to the Electronic Fingerprint Information page. Processing may take longer than 90 days if additional information regarding criminal records must be obtained.

My 90 days is up around July 4th. I don't have any criminal records, so that is when I'm going to call them. Mine is a non-res, also.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Good show and congrats! :celebrate

:celebrateThank You!!!:celebrate

Ya know, I currently have a Glock 21, but I think it's just too big as a carry gun, if I didn't have to conceal it, then I would have no problem with it being my main carry, but since I do, I'm going to have to get something else.

But, I'm thinking that I've always wanted an "assault" rifle, and I better get that first, because it's probably more than likely we'll be ending up with someone who will ban them all over again. So I think I'm going to get that rifle first.

I'm thinking of going with a 6.5Grendel from Alexander Arms.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Once the Division of Licensing has your complete application, it will take about 90 days for the Division to process it and notify you of the outcome. This time can be significantly less if the applicant chooses to submit his/her fingerprints electronically. You may find out more about this by going to the Electronic Fingerprint Information page. Processing may take longer than 90 days if additional information regarding criminal records must be obtained.

My 90 days is up around July 4th. I don't have any criminal records, so that is when I'm going to call them. Mine is a non-res, also.
Received it TODAY!!! :celebrate

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
DoubleR wrote:

Received it TODAY!!! :celebrate

Well congrats to you!!! :celebrate

Good stuff.

I'm looking for a holster online right now, Don't wanna wait anymore,decided I'm gonna carry the big somanabitch til I can get something smaller, but I just ordered that 6.5 Grendel, so a carry piece is gonna have to wait for a bit.

Alexander Armstells me they arewaiting on barrels whichthey should have in about three weeks.

I'll post pics when I get it.