• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA-ILA

ososghost

imported post

I just received in the mail the 2008 Sustaining Membership Statement (NRA-ILA Contribution Request) Seemed all fine and dandy until I read the Thank you section at the bottom that reads:

Thank you for your generous help in the fight to DEFEAT our Second Amendment freedoms!

I don't care much for putting my name or contribution information on a form containing that statement. I called the NRA-ILA office to let them know but they were gone for the day so I sent an emailexpressing my concern. Have any of you received this form and noticed that note at the bottom? I'm sure it must be a typo but it just doesn't sit well with me, what do you guys think did I overreact?

Form:

my.php
[/url][/img]

TEX1N

imported post

ososghost wrote:
I just received in the mail the 2008 Sustaining Membership Statement (NRA-ILA Contribution Request) Seemed all fine and dandy until I read the Thank you section at the bottom that reads:

Thank you for your generous help in the fight to DEFEAT our Second Amendment freedoms!

I don't care much for putting my name or contribution information on a form contains that statement. I called the NRA-ILA office to let them know but they were gone for the day so I sent an email with my concern. Have any of you received this form and noticed that note at the bottom? I'm sure it must be a typo but it just doesn't sit well with me, what do you guys think did I overreact?
I would have been tempted to show up at their headquarters demanding an answer. Hopefully they'll get back to you.

Please post their response.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

The last real Editor is retired to Charleston, SC and writes 'The Writers Art', James Kilpatrick, prolly too expensive to compete with lobbyists for limited funds.

Even the Charleston, SC newsrag, The Posted & Currying, regularly excuses themselves for lack of editors. They had to rename their ombudsman 'public editor' to make excuses rather than mediate.

ososghost

imported post

No reply on the email side so I decided to call, I spoke to a representative who advised me that they were aware of the misprint and are taking measures to prevent that from happening with future mailings.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

:D:D:D What are the "measures"? Multiple bottles of whiteout? :D Well, at least you received confirmation that it was just a typo, and the NRA has not joined forces with the Brady Campaign.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
A pro-gun activist correspondent - that I honor above all other contemporaries - has requested an image of the fund raising letter. Please.
Er uh in layman's terms...CAN WE SEE???? :D:D

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
A bit more serious request than that, but yeah. 'Yeah' doesn't give me the opportunity to stroke my correspondent, a Grass Roots Gun Rights South Carolina VP and Director, in public.
What??

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Too terse to tell the topic (6 'Ts' of alliteration) of your request. What would you like to know?
You're not speaking in a normal conversational manner, and what you are saying seems rather off topic. Thats why I said WHAT?? Think caveman...