• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Replies to McCloskey's cartoon "I'm Bubba, I'm the NRA"

AbNo

imported post

If anyone wants to share their comments from the comic linked in today's VCDL news letter....

Wow, this is some of the most ignorant, asinine garbage I've seen come out of this newspaper, and that's saying something.

Apparently, someone pissed in McCloskey's Cheerios this morning, and he felt the need to take it out on someone in a rather childish manner.

Who's the edior that approved this guy's work, anyway.

With horse (droppings) like this, it's no wonder newspaper rates keep dropping. Why would I pay to see drivel like this?

I then followed up on their Contact Us page with...

Please thank Mr. McClosekey for ensuring I never make the mistake of subscribing to this newspaper.

I would be terribly disappointed to know I was paying for insulting, discriminatory drivel such as this.

If anyone has the guts to make a real, not canned or otherwise half-assed reply, I might actually be impressed.

I think I'd be more amazed someone had the guts to say something, most likely.

Oh, and mods, if this belongs in the VA forum, feel free to move it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helv"]About cartoons...

http://keepandbeararms.com/news/nl/read_comments.asp?nl=13195945980406&tmpD=12%2F13%2F2007
"All your bases are belong us" Post-modern ill literacy.

And thank you for stealing my bandwidth illustrating another image (site) to block. A picture may be worth a thousand words so a nonsense-picture is a thousand words of nonsense and millions of bits wasted where a thousand may suffice.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$
[/font]