• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burglar chased away by a gun, ah...I mean GUN OWNER who didn't even have to fire a shot

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Burglar comes face-to-face with gun-toting homeowner

BY Lori Monsewicz[/b]
REPOSITORY STAFF WRITER
CANTON A Plain Township man, who broke into a Canton home, was cornered by an armed homeowner and then chased away, Stark County Jail records said.

Louis Perez, 50, of 4901 Middlebranch Ave. NE, was scheduled to appear in Canton Municipal Court this morning on a burglary charge, jail records said.

Canton Police said he forced open the rear door to a home in the 1300 block of 22nd Street NE early Wednesday morning and was cornered by the homeowner. The homeowner, who had a gun, chased him out of the house.

Police found him at 4:07 a.m. Wednesday in the 1600 block of 22nd Street NE, jail records said.

Stark County Court records said Perez was arrested and then released on his own recognizance later Wednesday.

MetalChris

imported post

What's up with all these middle aged burglars? In the past when I thought of a home invader, I'd typically conjure up images of a younger guy (late twenties, early thirties) not some old dude...

No offense meant to those of youwho consider 50 to be young. :p

Legba

imported post

We Ohio guys are a sturdy adventurous lot, even in middle age.

-ljp

Cue-Ball

imported post

We don't often read about no-shots-fired situations where guns save lives, but they happen all the time. Most of the research that I've read estimates that 98+% of defensive gun uses involve no shots fired (simple "brandishing"), another 1% having shots fired with non-fatal injuries, and then a very small minority resulting in death.

I can't cite the figures off-hand, but they're backed up by Lott's research as well as (IIRC) the FBI crime statistics for that last several years.

Erus

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
their not burglars, their cat burglars. Think "Hudson Hawk."

LMAO!!

"Would you like to swing on a star?... carry gallstones home in a jar...?"

Sorry couldn't help it.

Erus