• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UK is banning samurai swords

MetalChris

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Citizen wrote:
We may have to colonize them and treat them badly so they'll kick us out and set up a free country. :)

We'd be doing them a favor.
Yes, it's working out so splendidly elsewhere ;)
We have colonies? Where?

Ausdog

imported post

However collectors of genuine Japanese swords and those used by martial arts enthusiasts would be exempt from the ban.

"In the wrong hands, samurai swords are dangerous weapons," Home Office Minister Vernon Coaker said.

There are exceptions for collectors and enthusiasts who would never misuse them. Just like the guy here http://www.nbc4.com/news/14748294/detail.html

Just what is an "enthusiast" anyway? Is there a licenseor certificationof sorts or do I just need enough pieces of flare.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
DreQo wrote:
dangerousman wrote:
I believe "The Colony" is in Texas
I thought it was Iraq... :p
I think that's what he was implying, which is pretty ignorant.
Yeah well that was a joke coming from me...I don't really wanna know anyone's real opinion on that matter....that'll just turn into a big ol' fight

MetalChris

imported post

DreQo wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
DreQo wrote:
dangerousman wrote:
I believe "The Colony" is in Texas
I thought it was Iraq... :p
I think that's what he was implying, which is pretty ignorant.
Yeah well that was a joke coming from me...I don't really wanna know anyone's real opinion on that matter....that'll just turn into a big ol' fight
For the record, I wasn't calling you ignorant. You weren't the one talking about American colonies. ;)

sjhipple

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
Citizen wrote:
We may have to colonize them and treat them badly so they'll kick us out and set up a free country. :)

We'd be doing them a favor.
Yes, it's working out so splendidly elsewhere ;)
We have colonies? Where?

We don't "colonize" so much as we "bring democracy and freedom" at the point of a gun, while we disarm them, impose cerfews, and break into their houses without warrants.

It's a "new" kind of democracy where the people don't have a voice. Kinda like when the prime minister of Iraq said "we want Blackwater out of our country yesterday" and Bush says, "no, we like them there"...and they're still there. And we call it democracy, rather than occupation. And we call the rebels "insurgents and terorrists" rather than patriots.

We have newspeak now. Get with the program. ;)

Anyway, we'll see if your tongue in cheeck theory about treating people badly so they'll become free works. It'll cost us about 5 trillion dollars, but hey, if the Iraqis get a statue of liberty installed, it'll all be worth it.

I wasn't suggesting we were colonizing any country in the old sense of the world. In the last 60 years, we've learned that we don't need large permenant occupation forces in every country we control. We just keep bases there so if we tell them to do something and they don't listen, they can be easily bombed and harmed until they get back in line.

Anyway, sorry for veering off-topic. I just thought it was a very naive comment to say that people would be better off if we played the part of Longshanks in Braveheart for awhile. It's insane...at least to me it is.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ama-gi wrote:
SNIP Anyway, we'll see if your tongue in cheeck theory about treating people badly so they'll become free works.

I can't think of a graceful way to word this. My failing.

Actually, I was using irony. We were once an English colony. They treated us badly. We kicked them out and set up a free country.

It would be ironic if we now colonized the English,on purpose treated them badly so they would kick us out, and they then set up a free country.

It was allbased on the idea of pointing out that they are currently no more free than we were when we kicked them out.

sjhipple

imported post

Citizen wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
SNIP Anyway, we'll see if your tongue in cheeck theory about treating people badly so they'll become free works.

Actually, I was using irony. We were once an English colony. They treated us badly. We kicked them out and set up a free country.

It would be ironic if we now colonized the English,on purpose treated them badly so they would kick us out, and they then set up a free country.

It was allbased on the idea of pointing out that they are currently no more free than we were when we kicked them out.

And I came along and was a stick in the mud :p

Sorry :lol:

It is ironic though isn't it?

TrueBrit

imported post

Citizen wrote:
ama-gi wrote:

No worries, mate, I understood you perfectly!

As I have said before, you think like a Brit a lot more than you perhaps realise!;)

Also, for the benefit of our comrade Chris, I have calmed down, and the Gummi-Bears are safe.....for now!

TrueBrit.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
ama-gi wrote:

Interesting idea. And it plays to my cynicism nicely.

I have a theory that most peopel don't really want to be free, but they like to have an excuse to make war. We Americans can be free without firing a shot. All we have to do is choose to do so. No one is currently occupying us. But we don't do it for some reason.

But if the Queen were to send her troops here tomorrow and take over, in the process eliminating all gun laws and taxes and restoring full private property rights, we would get all indignant and fight like mad dogs for "our freedom", all so we could get back our ability to oppress ourselves without any outside help.

And it would be a good excuse to allow us to kill some people, which is always a bonus for nationalism types.

Sorry for this, I'm being a Debbie Downer today...

debbie_downer.jpg

massltca

imported post

Watch they'll ban making a fist in public next cause that could be considered a "weapon". :banghead::banghead::banghead:When will the madness end. Maybe they'll ban baseball bats, metal pipes, kitchen knives, I mean if you go down that road you pretty much have to ban everything.

sjhipple

imported post

massltca wrote:
Watch they'll ban making a fist in public next cause that could be considered a "weapon". :banghead::banghead::banghead:When will the madness end. Maybe they'll ban baseball bats, metal pipes, kitchen knives, I mean if you go down that road you pretty much have to ban everything.

I've already seen alot of news stories of different groups pushing to ban kitchen knives to everyone but licensed cooks and such. I don't know if it was successful yet or not.

What a s*** hole...It's sad to see our mother country become so pathetic. But then, I guess we left for a reason eh?

massltca

imported post

I'm not surprised. Like another poster said, they'll probably try to ban any material hard enough to pierce human flesh. Common sense is just about dead in modern society it seems. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So they're getting around to banning swords now. Last summer there was some talk of banning sharp kitchen knives. In 20 years they won't allow anything more dangerous than a common pin with a sharp point.

Perhaps they should go for the ultimate goal right now and just ban testicles.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

massltca wrote:
I'm not surprised. Like another poster said, they'll probably try to ban any material hard enough to pierce human flesh. Common sense is just about dead in modern society it seems. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Perhaps I could be arrested for pointing my index finger at someone. After all, it has a nail on it.

pkbites

imported post

Banning of hands & feet

Reuters (London)

The government announced today that hands and feet would be banned as they have been used in some recent attacks.

"Hands can be very, very dangerous if formed into a fist and hoisted into someones nose or back of the skull"
Homo office Minister Lance Pudwank said.

"If two hands are placed around the throat of another, the airway could become obstructed and death could result".

Pudwank also stated "Feet are also vey dangerous as they can be used to kick and strike other human beings".

All citizens are to report to central government offices to have the potentially dangerous appendages removed.

In order to save money, the governement announced it will be using confiscated samuai swords to implement the hand & foot ban.