Thread: Idaho Senators Block ATF Pick

Post imported post

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/idaho-s...12183209990002

"Republican Sens. Larry Craig and Mike Crapo placed separate holds on the nomination of federal prosecutor Michael Sullivan, the acting ATF director for more than a year.

Crapo's spokesman, Lindsay Nothern, said the senator's office has heard from a number of gun dealers, gun owners and others in Idaho who "have concerns about ATF policies regarding gun sales and even (gun) ownership. Maybe the federal government is getting a little too aggressive with people who haven't done anything wrong."

I Hope the ATF gets cut down to size.

Hey Doug, How'd I do?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Fine I guess. I looked at it. I would'a put something in the description. I stopped when I saw Ahh, Oh helL as the source.

Post imported post

I'll keep that in mind

Post imported post

Does anyone else find it a little odd/funny that the man's last name coincides with a law in New Yorkistan named after a man with kinda sorta the same agenda/view?

Post imported post

Hmm well there's one candidate who wants to get rid of the ATF... wanna guess who he is?

Post imported post

Does it rhyme with Ron Paul?

Post imported post

JB wrote:
    Does it rhyme with Ron Paul?
    Ding ding ding!

But unfortunately he doesn't want to continue an unnecessary and expensive occupation, so his views on the BATFE are irrelevant. So some people say.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://keepandbeararms.com/news/nl/d...wsanchor_80094

http://www.newsweek.com/id/74471

"Attention must be paid to Dr. Ron Paul, the 110-proof libertarian in the Republican race. He's had a surprisingly strong online fund-raising push and now has at least $10 million in the bank. ..." ...

"Do you support any limit on private ownership of guns or weapons?"

"Sure. The Second Amendment means the federal government can't interfere with your right to have a weapon to defend yourself. The type of weapons weren't defined, of course, in the Constitution, but if you live next door to me and I thought you were working on a 500-ton bomb, I would say there's a clear and present danger. So there's a limit. I might ask the officials to get a proper search warrant to find out if you are ..." ...

Post imported post

I adore Ron Paul as many know, but, getting back on topic, you can contact your senator by calling 202-225-3121 and telling them who you want to speak to. Then tell your senatorto oppose Michael Sullivan as head of the ATF. If you don't know the name of your senators, just say which state you're from and they'll connect you.

Do it!! DO IT NOW!!

---

EDIT

Ok, ok, and since Ron Paul has been mentioned on this thread, I have to remind everyone to keep an eye on Ron Paul's fundraising this Sunday (December 16...the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party). It promises to be a record-breaking day, probably drawing in between $6-10 million in a 24 hour period.

Post imported post

Sooooooo....

John Kerry...yes, John Kerry is urging ID senators to drop their hold on Michael Sullivan's appointment to the ATF.

So let me get this straight: John Kerry and Ted Kennedy are both urging the confirmation of Michael Sullivan to run the ATF. Does that worry anyone?

And he's a Bush appointee too! With "friends" like this...

---

If you'd like to call Bush and kindly ask him to put Michael Sullivan the same place he put Harriet Miers, you may do so by calling: 202-456-1111