• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Senators Block ATF Pick

JB

imported post

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/idaho-senators-block-atf-pick/n20071212183209990002

"Republican Sens. Larry Craig and Mike Crapo placed separate holds on the nomination of federal prosecutor Michael Sullivan, the acting ATF director for more than a year.

Crapo's spokesman, Lindsay Nothern, said the senator's office has heard from a number of gun dealers, gun owners and others in Idaho who "have concerns about ATF policies regarding gun sales and even (gun) ownership. Maybe the federal government is getting a little too aggressive with people who haven't done anything wrong."

I Hope the ATF gets cut down to size.

Hey Doug, How'd I do?

WhiteFeather

imported post

Does anyone else find it a little odd/funny that the man's last name coincides with a law in New Yorkistan named after a man with kinda sorta the same agenda/view?:idea:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://keepandbeararms.com/news/nl/disp.asp?d=12/14/2007&&#newsanchor_80094

http://www.newsweek.com/id/74471

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helv"]"Attention must be paid to Dr. Ron Paul, the 110-proof libertarian in the Republican race. He's had a surprisingly strong online fund-raising push and now has at least $10 million in the bank. ..." ...

"Do you support any limit on private ownership of guns or weapons?"

"Sure. The Second Amendment means the federal government can't interfere with your right to have a weapon to defend yourself. The type of weapons weren't defined, of course, in the Constitution, but if you live next door to me and I thought you were working on a 500-ton bomb, I would say there's a clear and present danger. So there's a limit. I might ask the officials to get a proper search warrant to find out if you are ..." ...
[/font]

sjhipple

imported post

I adore Ron Paul as many know, but, getting back on topic, you can contact your senator by calling 202-225-3121 and telling them who you want to speak to. Then tell your senatorto oppose Michael Sullivan as head of the ATF. If you don't know the name of your senators, just say which state you're from and they'll connect you.

Do it!! DO IT NOW!!

---

EDIT

Ok, ok, and since Ron Paul has been mentioned on this thread, I have to remind everyone to keep an eye on Ron Paul's fundraising this Sunday (December 16...the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party). It promises to be a record-breaking day, probably drawing in between $6-10 million in a 24 hour period.

sjhipple

imported post

Sooooooo....

John Kerry...yes, John Kerry is urging ID senators to drop their hold on Michael Sullivan's appointment to the ATF.

So let me get this straight: John Kerry and Ted Kennedy are both urging the confirmation of Michael Sullivan to run the ATF. Does that worry anyone?

And he's a Bush appointee too! :banghead: With "friends" like this...

---

If you'd like to call Bush and kindly ask him to put Michael Sullivan the same place he put Harriet Miers, you may do so by calling: 202-456-1111