• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another PA Member

skip

imported post

Hello all I have a Tauras 9mm Stainless steel. Love my gun but more afraid to carry it at times because of stupid laws. I hope this site helps me out alot and I hope I can help some someday. I also have my license to carry also.

imperialism2024

imported post

Welcome. You sound all set-up to OC in Pennsylvania, then... presuming you have a PA LTCF. Either way, you're good anywhere outside of Philadelphia, but with the PA LTCF, you're (legally) good to OC in Philadelphia as well.

Really, provided you have a PA LTCF or equivalent, PA laws are very non-restrictive regarding places off-limits to carry. Whether you'll get persecuted or not remains to be seen, but you're good to go from a legal standpoint.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to OCDO! OC is definitely legal in Pennsylvania, so don't be scared to OC. I think most of us (if we're honest), were a little apprehensive the first few times we OCed, but it becomes more natural as you do it more. One thing you might like to do is read the laws so you're personally familiar with them.

Springfield45

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Welcome to OCDO! OC is definitely legal in Pennsylvania, so don't be scared to OC. I think most of us (if we're honest), were a little apprehensive the first few times we OCed, but it becomes more natural as you do it more. One thing you might like to do is read the laws so you're personally familiar with them.
I was nervous as hell the first time i OC'd .... and the second and the third ....but
after a little while ... It just started to feel natural, Once you build your confidence up,
you WILL have good encounters, you WILL have curious people who just plainly, "don't know". And, likewise there is always the chance of a "bad" encounter. Just maintain your professionalism, be courtious regardless of the officer's attitude, and usually the bad encounters will pass... (been there).

Good Luck, and hope to see ya OC soon,

~~Springfield