• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do people always make fun of the 9mm?

If you are forced to defend yourself against a 250+ lb attacker, what caliber do you choose?

• A. 9mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. .357 Magnum

• C. .40

• E. .44 Magnum

• F. .45 ACP

• Total voters

thx997303

imported post

Not new, manufactured in December 2004.

So, yeah. This thing is sweet though, Trigger pull is awesome, not too light, but breaks like a glass rod.

SS guide rod, and it's a tactical, so I doubt that muzzle flip will even happen with this thing.

Everything is in great shape. But since it's the older finish, I do have to oil it.

Eh, if it ever gets to the point where the finish sucks I'll just have it refinished, no big deal.

AbNo

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Eh, if it ever gets to the point where the finish sucks I'll send it in for a new slide.

Fixed.

I actually have an RMA on file with Springfield for a rusty slide. I called 'em, told them the deal, and they said to send it off for new slide with the newwer finish. :celebrate

adam40cal

imported post

I chose the 40cal because its by far my favorite; you get the best of both worlds between the 9mm and 45. I have nothing against the 9mm thats what I carried for about a year then decided to switch to 40cal because I liked the way it shot. I personally do feel the 40cal is better then the 9mm, but to each their own. Shoot what your comfortable with.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

adam40cal wrote:
I chose the 40cal because its by far my favorite; you get the best of both worlds between the 9mm and 45. I have nothing against the 9mm thats what I carried for about a year then decided to switch to 40cal because I liked the way it shot. I personally do feel the 40cal is better then the 9mm, but to each their own. Shoot what your comfortable with.
You can't go wrong with a .40Cal that's why LEO use them. I have an XD40 and it is a very good round I think.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Alright... Please stop using anything but the default font. You can change the font size client-side in your browser. Try CTRL+Scrollwheel on mouse.

I'm running at bigger sized text and you people that posted in large text.. it's HUGE on my screen.

Oh, and all handgun rounds are laughable compared to rifle rounds.

smash29

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
Why do people feel the need to make fun of the 9mm?
We make fun of it because we like to watch people who prefer 9mm go on for 14 pages justifying why they prefer it. :p

:celebrate
Or you could look at it as 14 pagesof people going on about how inadequate the 9mm is as a means of self defense and trying to justify why the prefer something else!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Well then what do you have.

Bet it's a 9mm.
Absolutely I do, among others. I somewhat frequently have small women, children and elderly people shoot with me and their size and strength need to be accommodated.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smash29 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
Why do people feel the need to make fun of the 9mm?
We make fun of it because we like to watch people who prefer 9mm go on for 14 pages justifying why they prefer it. :p

:celebrate
Or you could look at it as 14 pagesof people going on about how inadequate the 9mm is as a means of self defense and trying to justify why the prefer something else!
I don't think so ... It certainly wouldn't take now 15 pages to do that.