• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Info about the Colorado Church shooting that most of the press felt was unimportant

heresolong

imported post

I love the part about "asking the Holy Spirit" to help her stay calm while shooting a criminal. How do you think that would go down in the minds of those who believe that the bible teaches pacifism?

Bear 45/70

imported post

heresolong wrote:
I love the part about "asking the Holy Spirit" to help her stay calm while shooting a criminal. How do you think that would go down in the minds of those who believe that the bible teaches pacifism?
Hey, If it works for her, then she should use it. I don't think it's would be much help to me, but it kept her on the attack and shooting which is all that mattered in this case. She saved lives and that's all that matters. The male guards are a perfect example of sheeple that believe that just drawing a gun and waving it around, like on TV and in movies, is all it takes. You drawyour weapon,be prepare to pull the trigger is my motto and usually any other motto will get you and/or others killed.

Bear 45/70

imported post

I just recieved this addition info on the shooting.......................

Subject: A heroine, and how criminal safezones would have led to more deaths

[size=[url=http://www.nationalgunrights.org/]][/url][/size]

A heroine, and how criminal safezones would have led to more deaths

[size=[url=http://tinyurl.com/2b4l7x]In some states[/url], private citizen and concealed carry permit holderJeanne Assamwouldn't be allowed to carry a handgun in church.][/size][size=][/size]

[size=That means Assam, who volunteered to do security in the church she attends in Colorado Springs, would not have been allowed to carry a concealed handgun on Sunday when a crazed shooter, fresh from killing young missionaries in Arvada, entered Assam's church and continued his killing spree.][/size]

[size=][/size][size=States which ban self defense in churches have created a zone that is safe for criminals, and unsafe for law-abiding citizens.][/size][size=][/size]

[size=And had Assam not been carrying, the crazed shooter in New Life Church may have carried out an even larger scale massacre. "She's the hero," New Life Senior Pastor Brady Boyd said. "She saved 100’s of lives yesterday."][/size][size=][/size]

[size=But there are those who don't want you to be able to save your church members, your college roommate, the family eating a meal next to you at the local grill. Instead, they want you to rely solely on law enforcement officers, who somehow are supposed to be everywhere at all times.][/size][size=][/size]

[size=And those same people, when elected to office, will propose a number of areas as off-limits for firearms, as if the murderers cared about their ludicrous criminal safezones.][/size][size=][/size]

[size=Thankfully, in Colorado, those who proposed (and those who idlyaccepted)broad criminal safezones in the decade leading up to the [url=http://www.rmgo.org/ccwguide]2003Concealed Carry Law in Colorado [/url]were largely defeated. And the tragic situation in Colorado Springs proved that these criminal safezone would have led to more deaths.][/size][size=][/size]

[size=As the only lobbyist who served the pro-gun community throughadecade-long battle (the first ccw bills were offered in 1994)forconcealed carry, I was routinely shocked at the concessions the "pro-gun" side made to this concept of criminal safezones. In fact, at a key moment in the debate of 1999 (when, prior to Columbine, everyone expected a bill to pass), the NRA attempted to sneak a University, Public Sporting Event, and Church criminal safezone into the bill. [url=http://www.rmgo.org/]RMGO[/url] exposed, and defeated, that underhanded attempt to disarm citizens in key areas, which was offeredin the name of short-term political expediency. I've never regretted taking that hard stance, even when no one else ostensibly on our side would.][/size][size=][/size]

[size=The concept is simple: if you believe law-abiding citizens should be allowed the means to defend themselves, there should be [u]no[/u] place off limits. Self defense is a God-given, and constitutionally recognized, right. And the modern day tool of self defense is a concealed handgun.][/size]

[size=][/size]

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

[size=In my church, there are a number of men who carry firearms. On the rare occasion I am asked why I carry there, I simply smile and say "We don't want a fire in our church, but we have fire extinguishers.In either case -- with an extinguisher or a firearm -- Iwant the tool to be helpful in an emergency."][/size]

[size=][/size][size=Many politicians, eager to dismiss the usefulness of privately owned and carried firearms, are the samepeople who will attempt to label Jeanne Asssam as "law enforcement." And while she did work for a police department in Minneapolis a number of years ago, she was just a private citizen on Sunday, in church, worshiping her God, and carrying a handgun.][/size]

[size=][/size][size=Jeanne Assam now enters a list of Americanheroesmy kids will learn about when addressing the hard lessons of liberty.][/size]

[size=Dudley Brown
Executive Director]
[/size]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

National Association for Gun Rights

P.O. Box 7002

Fredericksburg, VA 22404

[size=][/size]

Email: contact@nationalgunrights.org

Phone:(888) 874-3006 Toll-Free

Fax: (202) 351-0578

[size=][/size]

[line]

3/325

imported post

The Bible doesn't support the idea of "let people do as they please to you for as long and as often as they like." And turning the other cheek was a response given to the hypothetical "if a man should strike you" and not "if a man should ram a sword toward your chest."

On the subject of violence, the Bible addresses anger, hatred, and revenge. All of these are destructive emotions/motives and can lead to making things worse. It is easy for people to confuse this with ALL violence including self-defense. Nowhere in the Bible does it say a man should abstain from defending his own life or that of others (especially his family).

There's an old joke about a man who hears that a flood is coming and refuses several offers for help claiming that "God will take care of me." In the end he drowns and, upon arriving at heaven demands to know why he was allowed to die. St. Peter replies "We sent you policemen, firemen, and a rescue helicopter... what more did you want?"

The point is that we are expected to do what we can, and rely on God to do what we cannot. Using a gun in self-defense is no less faithful than looking both ways before you cross the street.

Okay, I'm done with my soapbox... does anyone else need it before I put it away? :D

American Rattlesnake

imported post

3/325 wrote:
The Bible doesn't support the idea of "let people do as they please to you for as long and as often as they like." And turning the other cheek was a response given to the hypothetical "if a man should strike you" and not "if a man should ram a sword toward your chest."

On the subject of violence, the Bible addresses anger, hatred, and revenge. All of these are destructive emotions/motives and can lead to making things worse. It is easy for people to confuse this with ALL violence including self-defense. Nowhere in the Bible does it say a man should abstain from defending his own life or that of others (especially his family).

There's an old joke about a man who hears that a flood is coming and refuses several offers for help claiming that "God will take care of me." In the end he drowns and, upon arriving at heaven demands to know why he was allowed to die. St. Peter replies "We sent you policemen, firemen, and a rescue helicopter... what more did you want?"

The point is that we are expected to do what we can, and rely on God to do what we cannot. Using a gun in self-defense is no less faithful than looking both ways before you cross the street.

Okay, I'm done with my soapbox... does anyone else need it before I put it away? :D
Naw, you pretty much covered it all. ;) Well said.