• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Change of Dinner Location

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dickerson's is closed on Sundays. I should have checked, sorry:banghead: Anyway, fell back on Old School Pizza, also downtown. I have OC'd in there before. Once actually, but it was my 6" bbl revolver and VERY visible. Haven't had a chance to go back. I checked with TugBoat Annies by the marina I live in, and one staff said he would be comfortable with an OC event but to check with the owner as he will be there on Sunday and may not like it. Normally I wouldn't ask ahead like this, but it is home after all and I would rather have a polite no, than get kicked out of the place and cause problems where I live.

At any rate I reserved the back room at Old School (they even have a pizza named after Ted Nugent!) for 5:30 on Sunday, under my name. They are at [size="-1"]108 Franklin St NE Olympia, WA 98501

Just a couple of blocks from the bus station and JavaFlow Coffee. Pretty eclectic crowd, 80's theme to the place, good pizza (if you like hot cheese laden pizza with ample toppings and a nice crust)

Anyone shows up early and is bored, downtown Olympia has many fine and wonderful shops and places to wander around.

Percival Landing Park http://www.ci.olympia.wa.us/cityservices/par/percivallanding/ Just don't OC while eating cookies there

Last Word Books, http://lastwordblog.blogspot.com/ They have an affiliation with The Evergreen State College. I have OC'd in there a couple of times and chatted with a sales clerk (manager maybe?) about OC. No problems. Weird and strange selection of books, from freaky liberal to weird anarchist.

4th and 5th avenues are neat places.

Okay I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here, but if anyone does show up in Oly early I encourage stopping by JavaFlow on 207 Washington St, across from the Olympia Transit Center.

Of course the City Hall has nice parklike settings around it too :p
Look forward to seeing everyone.

Steve
[/size]

Dave The Welder

imported post

Hey guys, I should be able to make this one, all the way from Eastern Washington. I'll be over in Seattle this weekend test rowing a couple of racing shells. Only problem is that I'll be dropping my friend off at the airport Sunday morning at 10:00AM. If any of you have the day off and want to hang out with a fellow OCer, PM me and we'll get in touch. Oh yeah, there might be a problem staying with the person I was planning on staying with over there, anybody there have a floor that they could lend for Friday and/or Saturday night. We'll be rolling into Seattle late Friday night, and would be off rowing shells and out of your hair all Saturday. Any help would be appreciated.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I would offer bunk space on the boat but it is such a mess and crowded with stuff on it's way out I really don't have room. If there is a major need though, I can work something out. Lemme know.

Steve

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

A gentleman from the Olympia Cop Watch (more or less defunct, at least from what I can find on the web) Drew Hendricks called me and asked if he could come to the dinner. He is interested about OC laws, and police respone. Mr. Hendricks was also involved with the Port Protests, and some of the response to the OPD afterwards. I told him I had no problem meeting him and sharing information. Now some of the groups he is associated with are fairly "liberal" and I decided that if he wanted to get to know us, it was quite a reasonable request.

He has been rather friendly and has provided me with some basic information about the officers involved in my stop.

Anyway if we can't have a cop, a local activist who is willing to look at things from our point of view with an open mind is a Good Thing to me.

Steve

compmanio365

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
A gentleman from the Olympia Cop Watch (more or less defunct, at least from what I can find on the web) Drew Hendricks called me and asked if he could come to the dinner. He is interested about OC laws, and police respone. Mr. Hendricks was also involved with the Port Protests, and some of the response to the OPD afterwards. I told him I had no problem meeting him and sharing information. Now some of the groups he is associated with are fairly "liberal" and I decided that if he wanted to get to know us, it was quite a reasonable request.

He has been rather friendly and has provided me with some basic information about the officers involved in my stop.

Anyway if we can't have a cop, a local activist who is willing to look at things from our point of view with an open mind is a Good Thing to me.

Steve
Hey, I was under the impression that anyone was welcome to our get togethers, as long as they were civil and didn't cause a problem. If the person is coming to meet with us, even if they don't agree with our stance, there has to be some kind of interest for them to even consider being there around all these people who are armed. If we can make those people who are not comfortable with OC or are on the fence more accepting of what we are doing, then it will make things easier on us all around. Sounds like a good deal to me to have this person come and see what we are all about.

On another note, I'll be there with the wife, and she may be OCing for the first time ever. :D She'll be carrying my Kel Tec 9mm if she decides to carry, and I'll carry my 45.

Machoduck

imported post

Mrs. Duck and I will be joining you for pizza after a stop at Cabela's around 1500hrs. If anyone else comes to Cabela's we can meet and visit, otherwise the Ducks will shop and maybe go to Java Flow. We're both looking forward to meeting all of you.

MD

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Hey, I was under the impression that anyone was welcome to our get togethers, as long as they were civil and didn't cause a problem. If the person is coming to meet with us, even if they don't agree with our stance, there has to be some kind of interest for them to even consider being there around all these people who are armed. If we can make those people who are not comfortable with OC or are on the fence more accepting of what we are doing, then it will make things easier on us all around. Sounds like a good deal to me to have this person come and see what we are all about.

On another note, I'll be there with the wife, and she may be OCing for the first time ever. :D She'll be carrying my Kel Tec 9mm if she decides to carry, and I'll carry my 45.
I didn't think there would be a problem, especially as he is coming into this with an open mind.

I'm going to bed early tonight, I'm tired and have a long day tomorow. Anyone need to reach me, I have posted my phone number in the original dinner meeting thread. I should be at Old School at the proper time. although since I will be coming from work, unless I get home early, will not be carrying.:(

Steve

compmanio365

imported post

Well, depending on who shows up first, we'll be looking for each other, so here's pictures of myself and the wife:

kendra_carry.JPG

david_carry.JPG

BluesBear

imported post

While Karen & I would love to attend, it'sa rather long haul from Monroe. Between Christmas and the last gunshow my budget is completely shot. But the main reason is that it was sorta short notice. We made plans to have my Brother and his wife to come over for the official tree trimming. If I had known earlier we could have done that yesterday.

Hopefully next time. Y'all have fun and give our best wishes to the OPD persecution squad.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Well, I convinced my wife to let me head down and meet you guys, although I probably won't be able to stay for more than about a half hour or so. See you guys there!

RangerAv8r

imported post

Great to get together and the first OC for me. I felt very aware of my surroundings at Cabela'sin a good way though. It was fun being with you all and fun listening to Lonnie; he's so smart.

M

Mainsail

imported post

This was the biggest turn out for an OC meet-and-greet I've seen so far. It makes getting thrown out of Cabella’s twice worth the trouble. ;-) It was good putting faces to nick-names and meeting everyone.

For the Tacoma-Lakewood dwellers, feel free to PM me if you’re interested in meeting for a burger or a beer on the weeknights.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I planned on being there, but today ois the first time since Thursday that I have been out of bed. Walking pneumonia Damnit

compmanio365

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I planned on being there, but today ois the first time since Thursday that I have been out of bed. Walking pneumonia Damnit

Ack....nasty stuff dude.......no offense but I'm glad you stayed in bed. :D

Get better and we'll see you next time around.