• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie checking in from Ohio

Bersa45

imported post

Hi all, long time lurker and decided it's time to join. I've OC'ing for awhile now and feeling pretty comfortable doing so. Nothing out of ordinary to report while ocing, so far it's been a non issue with the places i've been:D

Legba

imported post

Glad to hear of your lack of difficulties. Spread the good word (by example, anyway). Welcome to the forum.

-ljp

Pauly

imported post

Welcome. I am fairly new here as well. While I haven't OC'd yet I have been wearing my piece around the house so I can get used to it being there. I think it may make others less aprehensive if I don't look like I am not used to it. Also, I have to admit I am trying to conjure the courage to walk out of my house with a pistol bolted to my hip. I know the law allows but there is still a bit of caution my brain won't let go of. I keep my eye on this board as much as possible and it has been a great resource. Good on you for being strong enough to carry openly.

Splat!!

imported post

Pauly wrote:
Welcome. I am fairly new here as well. While I haven't OC'd yet I have been wearing my piece around the house so I can get used to it being there. I think it may make others less aprehensive if I don't look like I am not used to it. Also, I have to admit I am trying to conjure the courage to walk out of my house with a pistol bolted to my hip. I know the law allows but there is still a bit of caution my brain won't let go of. I keep my eye on this board as much as possible and it has been a great resource. Good on you for being strong enough to carry openly.
Start with a empty holster part of the way concealed............Might get you used to the carrying easier...........I carry my holster everywhere....... concealed ,open, with weapon , without weapon, You name it..........I let them decide if there is a weapon there..............Bars, pool halls, CPZs, police stations, .........I mix it up, just make sure you are within the laws if called............You can bluff all you want, But if called you better have a pat hand.............The only place I have been called is the Police station.............

Bersa45

imported post

Tonight after my wife,son and I were done shopping we decided to get some tacos at Taco Bell in Niles, Ohio. I had been ccw all day with my jacket and my wife had hers in her purse. Well, when we went into Taco Bell it was so warm in there that I could not sit there anymore with my heavy leather coat on. I told my wife I have to take my coat off and she said no problem. We were sitting in the middle on some stools with others all around. After I was done, I went up and stood in line and ordered 2 more tacos:lol:. We sat there for about an hour while eating. I didn't notice anyone looking at me differently or starring. My wife didn't notice anybody starring either. I think people are getting use to people carrying or if your dressed nicely they don't think anything of it if your comfortable carrying openly. It has become very comfortable for me now. :celebrate