• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need suggestions on a decent pair of gloves.

Cue-Ball

imported post

My brother-in-law is looking for a pair of "tactical" gloves. He needs something that's warm enough for 30-40*F weather, but that's thin enough that he can handle his pistol, load magazines, and...well....work on cars (he's a body man by trade). Keeping the hands warm in reasonably cold temps, and offering good dexterity are priority. Waterproof / oil-proof is a bonus. Not costing an arm and a leg is a double-bonus.

Anyone have some good suggestions?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
My brother-in-law is looking for a pair of "tactical" gloves. He needs something that's warm enough for 30-40*F weather, but that's thin enough that he can handle his pistol, load magazines, and...well....work on cars (he's a body man by trade). Keeping the hands warm in reasonably cold temps, and offering good dexterity are priority. Waterproof / oil-proof is a bonus. Not costing an arm and a leg is a double-bonus.

Anyone have some good suggestions?

I'll second the question.

No matter what Tomahawk says, I just don't look good in Isotoners. :)

And police gloves stop just before my wrist. Brrrrr. No bueno.

FightingGlock19

imported post

for shooting I use Hatch's Stret Guard gloves - http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=6904&TabID=1&CatID=24

If I were in your b-i-l's position, I would keep my automotive gloves and shooting gloves dedicated. I use Mechanix for work & Hatch for guns. I have the feeling he may not be satified with the durability of any glove if he decideds to use one pair for everything.

As far as the Hatch Street Guards, I use them when I'm shooting the AKM's I have. They do an awsome job of keeping the heat off of my hands & all those sharp edges away. I have absolutely no issues loading magazines or pistol handling with them.

MetalChris

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
for shooting I use Hatch's Stret Guard gloves - http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=6904&TabID=1&CatID=24

If I were in your b-i-l's position, I would keep my automotive gloves and shooting gloves dedicated. I use Mechanix for work & Hatch for guns. I have the feeling he may not be satified with the durability of any glove if he decideds to use one pair for everything.

As far as the Hatch Street Guards, I use them when I'm shooting the AKM's I have. They do an awsome job of keeping the heat off of my hands & all those sharp edges away. I have absolutely no issues loading magazines or pistol handling with them.

x10 on those gloves. I qualified on the M16 wearing those a couple of years ago in the Colorado winter and fired expert for the first time. I lost 'em in the move to England though, dammit. :X

Check out this site:

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/gloves.html

Radisma

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:

I have 2 pairs of HATCH gloves and they are a great buy.

Great brand. They make a specific set of glvoes jsut for shooting that are warm. all of there glvoes ive tried on have been extra warm so hatch is a great brand IMO

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Will these work? :cool:

B1002372524.jpg

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Radisma wrote:
Best shooting gloves ever.
Pleeeez, don't encourage him. :)
Is this more to your liking?? If you give more details I might be able to find the right color and size. These look like they have nice finger and palm grips. The index finger is designed for a short trigger pull.

youth-fuscia-bearhand-mittens.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

color of law wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Radisma wrote:
Best shooting gloves ever.
Pleeeez, don't encourage him. :)
Is this more to your liking?? If you give more details I might be able to find the right color and size. These look like they have nice finger and palm grips. The index finger is designed for a short trigger pull.

Jeez, you're worse than Tomahawk! :)

Cue-Ball

imported post

My wife ended up getting the Hatch gloves for her brother as a gift, but I think I might end up buying a pair of those BlackHawk gloves for myself.

Thanks to everyone who contributed such great ideas. It really helped a lot.

TrueBrit

imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
My wife ended up getting the Hatch gloves for her brother as a gift, but I think I might end up buying a pair of those BlackHawk gloves for myself.

Thanks to everyone who contributed such great ideas. It really helped a lot.

Off topic, but let me amuse you all! 100% fact! Unavailable nowadays, I guess!

Dogskin gloves are the bomb! Supple ,tough, warm, finest gloves ever for handling the reins riding or carriage-driving, and fine shooting gloves. I just cut a slit in the trigger finger of my right hand glove, good to go! Mine are as old as the hills, swiped them from Gramp ages ago, andI just saddle soap them occasionally! I dare not tell you all how these gloves were produced on a large scale,back in the day in the old country, and the origins of whencethe dogskins came initially! The PETA boys would have me locked up as a dangerous nut-job!

Merry Christmas, boys!

TrueBrit.