• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We don't need no steenkin' 2nd Amendment

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When reviewing the constitution the term 'the people' is always used when referring to individuals. As in we the people. So the right of the people is the same as the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms, whatever the justification.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree with you AbNo. When you couple the definition of the United States Militia with the meaning of 'the people' it is pretty clear what the intention was.