• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my first encounter of the inquistive kind

southernbnb

imported post

i have been OCing every where i go for the past few weeks now. i had my first person question me about my firearm yesterday. me and a friend of mine were walking out of a local fish house with some lunch and an elderly woman approached me. this is how the conversation went.

ew: is that a water gun?

me: (slightly amused) no ma'am. it is real.

ew: are you undercover?

me:no ma'am. im a civilian.

ew: (eyes wide) why do you have that then?

me: so that i can protect myself and those around me should the need arise.

ew: (thinks for a few seconds) that makes a lot of sense. there are some mean people in this world.

me: yes ma'am there are. and i dont intend to allow them to hurt me or those that i care about.

ew: you are a smart young man.

me: thank you ma'am. have a nice afternoon

i hope all the encounters i have will be as pleasant as this one but somehow i doubt that very much. over all though i think i handled it very well.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Attachments

• thchaingun.gif
    thchaingun.gif
    39.1 KB · Views: 469

acritical

imported post

Great encounter. I have been open carrying for a few years now, and so far have not had a negative encounter except for once with a security guard at a Wal-mart in Raleigh. However, that was quickly put to rest by the manager that actually knew the law.

Good to have another person out there carrying for our protection. Welcome to the fold.

- Carry safe and often