• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why the gun is civilization

rocknsnow

imported post

That is awesome. It is very well written. I love how he uses the examples

"When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender."

Very well written.

Thanks for showing us that.

scorpioajr

imported post

"..When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded.."

Wow. Im not even into blogs, but that was cool. Haaaad to comment...

scorpioajr

imported post

Sorry guys - HAD to bump this back to the top. i can't belive this blog isn't getting more attention. I really enjoyed reading it. It makes alot of sense as to why people that aren't OCers or people that aren't 100% educated on the laws - fear MWAG. :lol:

hope the bump didn't annoy anyone. ha.

thx997303

imported post

I wonder what happened to that David Nelson guy, went through and changed all of his posts.

Like he wanted to make sure everyone knew he was gone.

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I wonder what happened to that David Nelson guy, went through and changed all of his posts.

Like he wanted to make sure everyone knew he was gone.
I can't say for sure but you can read some of the threads and what he said because others quoted him which he couldn't change. It seems he didn't feel welcome here because of his beliefs. He is a pro gun gay democrat and unfortunately didn't agree with or was offended by some people and different ideas here. Myself as a liberal gun rights advocate I can see where he was coming from. I have a very different opinion on many political issues than most people here and I try to hold my tongue on many things and only discuss the gun rights aspects of politics and leave everything else out of it.

http://www.stonewallshootingsportsutah.org/BIOGRAPHY.HTM is a little about him. If you google you can find a lot more. He is still a gun rights advocate.

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I could be totally wrong. I joined after he had already left and maybe it was for something completely different. That is just my impression after reading through some threads.

So again take what I said with a grain of salt because I don't claim to read minds or know his reasons.