Thread: Age to OC map and UT page in conflict.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The age to OC map for UT says 21. Is this because fully loaded OC with a permit is only considered?

The UT page however says not statutory limit.

This should be clarified. As far as I know someone 18 and up can own a handgun and OC it as long it as unloaded by UT law (two operations from firing and no round in the fireing position).

Or am I wrong about this? I guess I'll have to read the laws themselves.

Post imported post

vmaxanarchist wrote:
    The age to OC map for UT says 21. Is this because fully loaded OC with a permit is only considered?

The UT page however says not statutory limit.

This should be clarified. As far as I know someone 18 and up can own a handgun and OC it as long it as unloaded by UT law (two operations from firing and no round in the fireing position).

Or am I wrong about this? I guess I'll have to read the laws themselves.
    This has been addresseoy Mike before. The age to OC map is based on loaded carry. And unfortunately one needs to be 21 with a Concealed Firearm Permit to carry loaded in Utah. 18 and up can carry (openly) unloaded without a permit. Utah has no specific law as to the age for carry. Under 18 can carry long arms with parental permission.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein