• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone know where to find these DE laws?

vrquick

imported post

First is where you can find out if high capacity magazines are legal? I am looking into getting my first AR-15 or a Sig 556 but the online dealers have told me to make sure DE allows high capacity magazines. Second is I was going to order a couple cases of of ammo from Cabela's but they have a notice at the bottom that says ATTENTION: Residents of DE, DC, IL, MA, NY and OH please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering any ammunition products. Looking over the gun laws that I have I don't see anything related to my two questions. Anybody have a direction the can point me to find the answers?

MustangDave

imported post

From the web site botachtactical.com

No magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds to CA, HI, NY, Toledo, OH or MA.
No magazines with a capacity over 12-rounds to Chicago Illinois.
No magazines with a capacity over 15 rd. to NJ.
No magazines with a capacity over 20 rd. to MD.

BTW I have six 30rd mags for my m-4, a 17rd one for my Glock.

As for finding the law I don't know, but I had no problems ordering them.

stephpd

imported post

Bought a few high capacity mags as well. Same for ammo. Fedex or UPS delivered them to my door with no problem. Haven't seen any laws about either but I haven't looked very hard. Others here have spent much more time looking over the laws and might be able to give you more facts.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

There are no laws making Hi-Cap mags ILLEGAL, therefore, it's legal. However, in some parts of Delaware, things like Crossbows are illegal to carry. I *think* Dover, for instance, so you'll get those warnings every now and then.

There are no restrictions on mag capacity, nor ammo in Delaware.

ijusam

imported post

Wilmington code
Sec. 36-156. Armor-piercing bullets. (a)Definitions. The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this section, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this subsection, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning: (1)Armor-piercing bullet means any bullet which is coated with a nonstick fluoropolymer finish, such as the registered trademark finishes, Teflon, Halon, Halar, Flvon, Soreflon or Algoflon. (2)Bullet means a round or elongated missile designed to be fired from a firearm. (3)Bulletproof vest means any commercially available, soft, lightweight body armor, usually consisting of several layers of a polyaramid fiber tradenamed "Kevlar." (b)Offenses. It shall be unlawful for any person to bring into the city or to manufacture, sell, distribute, possess or use armor-piercing bullets or any other bullets similarly coated with a nonstick fluoropolymer finish. It shall further be unlawful for any person which is in the business of manufacturing firearms to possess the component parts of any armor-piercing bullet. (c)Penalties. Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall upon conviction be subject to a minimum fine of $100.00 and a maximum fine of $500.00, or to imprisonment not exceeding 90 days, or both, for each offense. (Code 1968, § 39-2.1)

I haven't checked everywhere, but not mentioned in Newark or Dover.

vrquick

imported post

I ordered from Cabela's. It was the first time I have ordered from them. They had a $20 off coupon for orders over $150. I used to get my .45acp from Dicks by the case, but they went up $3 or $4 a box. So I got some Sellier & Bellot .45acp from Cabelas for $12.99 a box.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I checked w/ the AG Office about delivery of ammo to your door in DE. There's nothing against it. I've never bought ammo from other than my local store, but it's OK to have it delivered.

As far as high capacity mags, there aren't any restrictions that I've seen/read/heard.

One semi-local source for ammo that's supposed to be pretty good is ammoman right over the border in West Berlin, NJ. I've never been there, butI hear it's pretty awesome.

http://www.ammoman.com/

Give Eric a call or an email - he's a good guy to deal with.