• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

*VIDEO* Romney clarifies gun position on Meet The Press

IanB

imported post

Most recent meet the press interview is top video. Watch video, then discuss below. This should be fun. Anyone voting for Romney is welcome to defend his position(s) here. Note that positions is plural, he has many of them!

http://vaguninfo.com/videos/romney.htm

tarzan1888

imported post

To me it is obvious that Romney doesn't know much about guns, and not wanting to offend those who care about guns and the second amendment, he is trying to come up with a position. This is hard to do when you know nothing about the topic you are trying to form a position about.

Romney is not my first choice. I am still trying to determine if I really believe his change in position of abortion as well as gunsand other things too.

The best I can say for Romney is that he is good on financial issues and he is better than Obama and Hillary.

Not a very big endorsement I know but at present it is the best I can give him.

Tarzan

massltca

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Mitt Romney Said:
We also should keep weapons of unusual lethality from being on the street
I was taught that all firearms are equally dangerous. What a douche.
Who defines weapons of unusual lethality? All guns are capable of causing death. Maybe he's refering to the ones that are black or have certain "scary" features that are somehow more dangereous. :?

IanB

imported post

I caught that part too. Cho used a semi-auto Glock with devastating effect. Is that unusual lethality? That comment makes me worry about all guns, not just the EBR's.

sjhipple

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
To me it is obvious that Romney doesn't know much about guns

But wait...he's a "life-long hunter!" ;)

---

Comments on the video:

We need to post this everywhere. Gun owners should know who they're voting for. He came down strongly on the side of a new gun ban. He also states incorrectly that there isn't a gun ban being considered in Congress right now.

I love how he barely answered a single question directly. Fortunately, Russert didn't let him slide like others have.

Imagine the damage it would cause to our movement if Romney got elected creating the impression both sides support gun control...creating the impression that there's no debate.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

I love Tim Russert. He gets the point and stays there. I think what we have in Mitt Romney is what the Democrats had in John Kerry in 2004: a consistently inconsistent idiot. All guns are lethal. I live in Illinois, where we have a Nazi governor who keeps trying to ban .50 cal rifles and high capacity magazines. You can kill someone just as easily as with a .50 cal as you can with a .22. The bottom line is that we have a RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Just like the criminals they love to support and get votes from also have 'Rights'. Sgt. Jenson, I agree with you 100%. What a douche.

sjhipple

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
I love Tim Russert. He gets the point and stays there. I think what we have in Mitt Romney is what the Democrats had in John Kerry in 2004: a consistently inconsistent idiot. All guns are lethal. I live in Illinois, where we have a Nazi governor who keeps trying to ban .50 cal rifles and high capacity magazines. You can kill someone just as easily as with a .50 cal as you can with a .22. The bottom line is that we have a RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Just like the criminals they love to support and get votes from also have 'Rights'. Sgt. Jenson, I agree with you 100%. What a douche.
Ugh. I don't know how you live there....a super-corrupt, dynastic, freedom-hating government. Good luck!!

tarzan1888

imported post

ama-gi wrote:

That may be true, BUT what has he been hunting and what has he used to hunt it.

Obviously not a gun. :banghead:

Tarzan

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
Ugh. I don't know how you live there....a super-corrupt, dynastic, freedom-hating government. Good luck!!
That's why I'm getting out Stallinois and moving to Kentucky. Thank God! The sooner, the better!

massltca

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
To me it is obvious that Romney doesn't know much about guns

---

Comments on the video:

We need to post this everywhere. Gun owners should know who they're voting for. He came down strongly on the side of a new gun ban. He also states incorrectly that there isn't a gun ban being considered in Congress right now.

I love how he barely answered a single question directly. Fortunately, Russert didn't let him slide like others have.

Imagine the damage it would cause to our movement if Romney got elected creating the impression both sides support gun control...creating the impression that there's no debate.
Yeah in one of the videos he stated that Massachusetts had tough gun laws and he wasn't going to chip away at them. To me that says it all regarding his stance on freedom.

Tomahawk

sjhipple

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
ol' Mitt did answer the dude's question.
No he didn't. He didn't even come close. He didhis normal Mitt-wit routine where he makes a general statement (I support the 2nd Amendment) and then dodges ("there's no legislation like that before the Congress") (even though if he knew what he was talking about and wasn't reading off of lines written for him, he'd know that there IS legislation like that before the Congress). I have the feeling that if Mitt had a D next to his name, you'd be going :celebrateflip flop:celebrateflip flop :celebrateflip flop:celebrateall over the room.