Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairfax/Burke OC Brunch after the Holidays (Sun. Jan. 6)

Post imported post

Spartans Family Restaurant
    9542 Burke Rd
    Burke, VA 22015

703-503-5800

Anyone up for brunch at a gun-friendly, family restaurant? They serve great Greek and Italian food there.

How about Sunday Jan. 6? Say 11:30am.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sounds good to me. I had planned to invite one of my (non-shooting, but supportive) friends to the range that day; we could do a meet-up and still be at Gilberts for a couple of hours of shooting before they close.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Hope to see you there.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I'll be on day two of my move Jan 6th. This might be a welcome distraction from unpacking and cleaning.

Post imported post

Since I haven't gone to any other OClunches or dinners, I would love to go to one just around the corner from me (literally), but that day and time aren't good for me. I could do a weeknight or Saturday dinner, but even though I work down at the end of the same shopping center, lunch won't work for me on my schedule.

That being said, the lunch menu is great and the breakfast (whichI think they serve until about1200)is amazing. It is also a favorite with FCPDand VA State Troopers. It's not uncommon to see three or more squad cars parked out front.

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    Since I haven't gone to any other OClunches or dinners, I would love to go to one just around the corner from me (literally), but that day and time aren't good for me. I could do a weeknight or Saturday dinner, but even though I work down at the end of the same shopping center, lunch won't work for me on my schedule.

That being said, the lunch menu is great and the breakfast (whichI think they serve until about1200)is amazing. It is also a favorite with FCPDand VA State Troopers. It's not uncommon to see three or more squad cars parked out front.
    Sounds like we all need to go introduce ourselves to VA Patriot at his place of work, eh?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    VApatriot wrote:

Sounds like we all need to go introduce ourselves to VA Patriot at his place of work, eh?
    I'll at church on Sundays, but if you needtires, an oil change, brakes, an alignment or just about any other regular maintenance done on yourvehicle,by all means come on by Merchant's Tire and Auto Center. I'm there from 0700-1500 Mon-Tues and Thur-Sat, and I would be happy to work on your car or truck.

Post imported post

See you there!

Post imported post

Hey this is just down the street from my home...If I'm in town I'll try to make it there

Post imported post

I'm glad that it seems we'll have a good turnout.

VApatriot, do you guys do State Inspections? PM me if so...

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    I'm glad that it seems we'll have a good turnout.

VApatriot, do you guys do State Inspections? PM me if so...
    well using my super detective work I think I can safely say that VApatriot and I could have possibly spoken in the past. I stopped by there before.

Post imported post

Count myself and Mrs. ChinChin in on the festivites. Fair warning, at 11:30 on a sunday morning the place is PUH*ACKED! Lots of churchy-la fems grabing a meal after services, lots of little old bluehairs.

Wear warm clothing, we'll be waiting outside for a table for just a little bit.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

Just spoke with the Mgr. and he stated we could call ahead about 15-20 and they would hold tables for us, however we would need a accurate head count.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I'll ask the woman if we have the capacity to attend, this might be fun.

Post imported post

HEAD COUNT REQUEST

Several people said they'd come. I listed them below. Post here or PM me so I can get an accurate headcount. So far, it's 11! That would be a fun size.

Have a good week guys. I'm looking forward to this!

Here's the list so far:
    Agent19
    Mr. ChinChin
    Mrs. ChinChin
    bohdi + "the woman"
    nova
    cREbralFIX
    nakedshoplifter
    Tess + non-shooting but supportive friend
    ufcfanvt

Post imported post

I'll be there.

Post imported post

Ahh crap. I'm going to be in PA this weekend, won't be able to make it.

Have a good time everyone!

Post imported post

I'll be there too.

Post imported post

I'll make a try for it. I'm still working nights but I may be able to get there.

Post imported post

As much as I'd like to be there, it's not likely. We'll have to have another dinner scheduled here, I'd love to check it out.

Will see you all next weekend at Foster's Grille.

Post imported post

Mrs. ChinChin and I have to opt out as well. Family emergency has me going out of state this weekend.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

I will have to back out for tomorrow. Sorry!

Post imported post

ufcfanvt - are you going to call tomorrow? You said 15-20 ahead of time, right? I'll be on the road.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    ufcfanvt - are you going to call tomorrow? You said 15-20 ahead of time, right? I'll be on the road.
    Sorry for not posting earlier. I just called and reserved a table for 10. I think that should cover us. See you all there!

Post imported post

I totally forgot about this.

~Alan Korwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast