• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairfax/Burke OC Brunch after the Holidays (Sun. Jan. 6)

ufcfanvt

imported post

Spartans Family Restaurant
9542 Burke Rd
Burke, VA 22015

703-503-5800

Anyone up for brunch at a gun-friendly, family restaurant? They serve great Greek and Italian food there.

How about Sunday Jan. 6? Say 11:30am.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sounds good to me. I had planned to invite one of my (non-shooting, but supportive) friends to the range that day; we could do a meet-up and still be at Gilberts for a couple of hours of shooting before they close.

IanB

imported post

I'll be on day two of my move Jan 6th. This might be a welcome distraction from unpacking and cleaning.

VApatriot

imported post

Since I haven't gone to any other OClunches or dinners, I would love to go to one just around the corner from me (literally), but that day and time aren't good for me. I could do a weeknight or Saturday dinner, but even though I work down at the end of the same shopping center, lunch won't work for me on my schedule.

That being said, the lunch menu is great and the breakfast (whichI think they serve until about1200)is amazing. It is also a favorite with FCPDand VA State Troopers. It's not uncommon to see three or more squad cars parked out front.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
Since I haven't gone to any other OClunches or dinners, I would love to go to one just around the corner from me (literally), but that day and time aren't good for me. I could do a weeknight or Saturday dinner, but even though I work down at the end of the same shopping center, lunch won't work for me on my schedule.

That being said, the lunch menu is great and the breakfast (whichI think they serve until about1200)is amazing. It is also a favorite with FCPDand VA State Troopers. It's not uncommon to see three or more squad cars parked out front.

Sounds like we all need to go introduce ourselves to VA Patriot at his place of work, eh? :lol:

VApatriot

imported post

Tess wrote:
VApatriot wrote:

Sounds like we all need to go introduce ourselves to VA Patriot at his place of work, eh? :lol:
I'll at church on Sundays, but if you needtires, an oil change, brakes, an alignment or just about any other regular maintenance done on yourvehicle,by all means come on by Merchant's Tire and Auto Center. I'm there from 0700-1500 Mon-Tues and Thur-Sat, and I would be happy to work on your car or truck.

nova

imported post

Hey this is just down the street from my home...If I'm in town I'll try to make it there :)

nova

imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
I'm glad that it seems we'll have a good turnout.

VApatriot, do you guys do State Inspections? PM me if so...
well using my super detective work I think I can safely say that VApatriot and I could have possibly spoken in the past. I stopped by there before. :)

ChinChin

imported post

Count myself and Mrs. ChinChin in on the festivites. Fair warning, at 11:30 on a sunday morning the place is PUH*ACKED! Lots of churchy-la fems grabing a meal after services, lots of little old bluehairs.

Wear warm clothing, we'll be waiting outside for a table for just a little bit.

Marco

imported post

Just spoke with the Mgr. and he stated we could call ahead about 15-20 and they would hold tables for us, however we would need a accurate head count.

ufcfanvt

imported post

HEAD COUNT REQUEST

Several people said they'd come. I listed them below. Post here or PM me so I can get an accurate headcount. So far, it's 11! That would be a fun size.

Have a good week guys. I'm looking forward to this!

Here's the list so far:
Agent19
Mr. ChinChin
Mrs. ChinChin
bohdi + "the woman"
nova
cREbralFIX
nakedshoplifter
Tess + non-shooting but supportive friend
ufcfanvt

nova

imported post

Ahh crap. I'm going to be in PA this weekend, won't be able to make it.

Have a good time everyone! :)

vrwmiller

imported post

As much as I'd like to be there, it's not likely. We'll have to have another dinner scheduled here, I'd love to check it out.

Will see you all next weekend at Foster's Grille.