• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

563 OC experiences

imported post

Hello all.

I'm new here, and thought Id share my OC experiances as well with out hijacking someone else's thread.

MyOC gun of choice is my HK .45 auto in a blackhawk serpa holster, just applied for my CCW permit.

Places I have OC'ed are Idaho Central Credit union on State st and the ICCU on overland.

Numerous Stinker stations, and On the Fly.

Barnes and Noble on Milwaukee

Los Betos on State St, which was robbed several months ago. theemployees know me as a regular customer there, they never said anything to me or commented on my gun, but I am sure they are happy that I am OC'ing there.

Also OC'ed at the Los Betos on fairview, the other night when I went in, there was 4 cops, they eye balled me, but didn't say or do anything. (I admit I was a little nervous) but kept my composure. agian the employee's know me as a regular customer, and never commented about my firearm.

OC'ed in Fred meyers on Chinden.

OC'ed in both Albertsons on State st.

OC'ed at Primos Pizza on overland.

and lastly I OC'ed at the Boise Mall saturday night,walked directly thru Macys andinto Victorias Secret to buy my Niece a Gift card, it was kinda embarassing from a Male's stand point, because they put the gift card in a bright pink bag. so here's a man walking thru the Mall OC'ing a .45 andcarrying a bright pink bag. got quite a few perplexed looks.

all in all, no negative experiences to report, Just a few glances from the public.

regards all!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

563 wrote:
and lastly I OC'ed at the Boise Mall saturday night,walked directly thru Macys andinto Victorias Secret to buy my Niece a Gift card, it was kinda embarassing from a Male's stand point, because they put the gift card in a bright pink bag. so here's a man walking thru the Mall OC'ing a .45 andcarrying a bright pink bag. got quite a few perplexed looks.
To me, buying a Victoria's Secret gift card for My Niece would be more embarrassing... :lol:

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

563 wrote:
...so here's a man walking thru the Mall OC'ing a .45 andcarrying a bright pink bag.
No wonder no one bother you!
crazy.gif

But seriously, WELCOME aboard! ;)

imported post

My Niece gets anything she wants, considering she keeps bringing all her hot g/f's over to hang out. Will probably Gift her a compact next xmas. I raised and trained her well around guns.

bourneshooter

imported post

563 wrote:
...into Victorias Secret to buy my Niece a Gift card...

Now that happens down the south according to legend, not in Idaho.

Regardless of your questionable gift card purchasing... welcome aboard. You'll find lots of us are coming on board these days.

imported post

OC'ed at most the places listed in my first post.

Went and had lunch and OC'ed in Tangos on Orchard andFranklin yesterday, basically a small resturant that serves up some Argentina style Empanadas and Subs.

the owner at Tangosknows me as a regular, seen me OC'ing and asked me what My profession was? I asked why? OWNER : cause I see you carrying a gun, I then informed him it was legal to Open Carry, which he didn't know and I explained the laws as best I could, I also added that since this is your business, you can forbid your customers from OC'ing, which he stated, I don't care,I feel better if guys like you come here and eat. In closing he supports this amongst his customers, and is now considering OC'ing at his work, (pending his wifes approval of course) seems she has the last say in anything :)