• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chambersburg Public Opinion calls Greg Rotz uncivilized for OCing while voting!

cato

imported post

When the otherwise empty court room (except for family of the usual suspects) is packed with everyday people the message will not be lost on the powers that (claim to) be.And anice press releasefrom Mike will make that point with the media if they can't see itthrough their own bias. Not to mention all the empty holsters.

Attachments

• secure.jpg
    secure.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 209

PROUD American

imported post

Although this is one of the locations where we ARE permitted to carry our sidearms and Mr. Sheriff obviously overstepped his bounds. There are locations where we can NOT carry our sidearms. I can not carry when I enter healthcare facilities (during working hours) and when I'm in my office building. Luckily my employer has revised their policies and permitted employee's to have firearms IN their vehicles during working hours. When I exit my vehicle, I utilizethe "safe" shown below, it runs about 30 bucks at most sporting goods dealers and is VERY sturdy. I was lucky; I dug through the pile at Cabela's until I found the only two that were keyed alike. So I have them in each of my vehicles that I drive and only have one key to carry... Obviously, if someone knows what I do, and they bring the proper tools, they can take my safe. But at the moment, this is all that I can afford...

moz-screenshot.jpg
i228564sn01.jpg

imperialism2024

imported post

PROUD American wrote:
Although this is one of the locations where we ARE permitted to carry our sidearms and Mr. Sheriff obviously overstepped his bounds. There are locations where we can NOT carry our sidearms. I can not carry when I enter healthcare facilities (during working hours) and when I'm in my office building. Luckily my employer has revised their policies and permitted employee's to have firearms IN their vehicles during working hours. When I exit my vehicle, I utilizethe "safe" shown below, it runs about 30 bucks at most sporting goods dealers and is VERY sturdy. I was lucky; I dug through the pile at Cabela's until I found the only two that were keyed alike. So I have them in each of my vehicles that I drive and only have one key to carry... Obviously, if someone knows what I do, and they bring the proper tools, they can take my safe. But at the moment, this is all that I can afford...
Well, you can carry in those places, you just may be asked to leave and be charged with trespassing if you don't. As far as I know, courthouses are the only places in PA legally off-limits to carrying a handgun.

I think that's what you meant, but there's a lot of misinformation floating around about places in PA where it's illegal to carry firearms.

Then again, I think I remember you mentioning that you work or worked for a correctional facility, so perhaps there are more restrictive laws that apply to you, such as the one in this case where LEOs can't carry at polling places. But I'll admit that I'm not too well versed in the gun laws that don't apply to private citizens.

PROUD American

imported post

Nah, I'm no longer with the Dept of corrections, I have transferred to another state agency. And, during working hours I am not permitted to carry my sidearm into healthcare facilities as it is not related to my job. I carry it everywhere, else but lock it up when I head into the facility to perform my inspection...