• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everett Events Center

joeroket

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060;

This seems pretty clear to me. If it is owned by the city, they operate it. They may have a subcontractor, but it is still thiers. They cannot stop anyone who has a cpl from carrying.

But I seem to remember reading that it was illegal to carry in a concert. Anybody know where that might be written?

Alan
It is owned by them but the day to day operations and management are by Global Spectrum. That is how they get around the RCW, which in my opinion is crap.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Misguided Child wrote:
But I seem to remember reading that it was illegal to carry in a concert. Anybody know where that might be written?

RCW 70.108.150
Firearms — Penalty.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport or convey, or to have in his possession or under his control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.

Outdoors - bad,indoors - good? Sheesh.

For my enlightenment - does WA have an RKBA association?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Misguided Child wrote:

RCW 70.108.150
Firearms — Penalty.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport or convey, or to have in his possession or under his control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.
RCW 70.108.150 was written for the Gorge site.

joshmmm

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Misguided Child wrote:
RCW 70.108.150
Firearms — Penalty.

This is a VERY specific law. It is designed to affect the gorge. Read the definitions clearly. While it is possible for it to affect some other venue, it is highly unlikely. This was written as a response to concerts like summer jam.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If if I am reading that law properly, there is no exception for locking the gun up in your vehicle.

I wonder of that law would also apply to White River or if it's location on an Indian Reservation would exclude it

joeroket

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
If if I am reading that law properly, there is no exception for locking the gun up in your vehicle.

I wonder of that law would also apply to White River or if it's location on an Indian Reservation would exclude it

If memory serves correct they do not have Music Festivals at White River. They have Concerts. There is a big difference between the two. Music Festivals typically are held for a full day or more and concerts last only a few hours.

This is the Encarta definition of Music festival;

a celebratory event that features a lineup of musicians with performances often spread out over several days and several performance venues