Thread: Got my Ticket in hand...

Post imported post

...and I'm going back to Virginia over the first of the year.

I had a great time meeting everyone at the VCDL get togethers with my fiancee, especially Ron and his wife, and I'm hoping to hook up with y'all again this time around.

We're going to get married in a few months, so here's a pic of the happy couple! (us)

Yeah, I know I look goofy as hell -- this was like the eighth picture I took and I was trying to get everything *just perfect.* I'm an amateur photographer and I can get pretty anal about that sort of thing, doncha know...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Happy news! Congrats!

Post imported post

Thanks Cato!

Post imported post

Congrats! You don’t look too happy though, the expression on your face leads me to believe you’re thinking, “What the hell is wrong with this camera…why won’t it flash?”

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Congrats!* You don’t look too happy though, the expression on your face leads me to believe you’re thinking, “What the hell is wrong with this camera…why won’t it flash?”
    Hahaha! Yeah, that's it exactly, Mainsail. I was thinking, "damn, this room is too dark, don't know how to use the flash on my cell-camera, gotta keep it really steady so it doesn't blur, hope this one works, we're gonna be late for dinner..."

ccloud43

Post imported post

Congrats to both of you.Let us know if you will be in the Tidewater area and we will set up another dinner.

Post imported post

Great! I'll be there from the 24th to the 7th of January. She and I will also be doing a quasi-road trip across the state towards West Virginia sometime during my stay, so she and I could concievably meet up with others not in the virginia Beach area as well.

Post imported post

The important question is, will she let you carry at your wedding?

Post imported post

JB wrote:
    The important question is, will she let you carry at your wedding?
    "concealed is concealed"? > )

I say take a day off and make your best man carry, it's his job. You have a drink or three.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Why wouldn't she.:?

Tuxedos hide guns extremely well, just be sure to wear gun/holster to the fitting.
    I choose to usesmart carry and a 3" Ruger SP101 in .357mag loaded w/ DT 125gr. JHP's and one reload.

There were at least six armed people @ my wedding.

Best man
    Good Friend & his wife
    My Mother & Step Father
    and me

Is this just a visit or are you moving for good?

Edit:
    this is already planned may be you and the future missescan make it.
    Spartans Family Restaurant
    9542 Burke Rd
    Burke, VA 22015

703-503-5800

Brunch at a gun-friendly, family restaurant.
    They serve great Greek and Italian food there.

Sunday Jan.6@ 11:30am.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I'm the only "wierdo" in my family that carries, so when my sister got married a few months back I went around with two different holsters asking my family which one matched my shoes. They didn't think it was as funny as I did.

Post imported post

I got a wedding invitation from an old acquaintence a while back. I called to RSVP and his fiance answered.

After a bit of chit-chat she took me completely offguard with "You 'will' be bringing your 'Austrian Friend' won't you?"

I had absolutely no idea what she meant until she said she'd "feel better if a few armed guests were around, and Jim's tux was just a bit too tight for him to comfortably carry. (My 'Austrian Friend was my Glock.)

Jim's a very lucky man.

BTW: So am I - My spouse of over 20 years read an article this week about the hit/miss ratio of the NYC police. Basically it said what most of us already know, that a controlled range setting and the chaos of a adrenalne filled gunfight are completely different.

Her words: "I don't trust myself with the pistol any more. I want a shotgun."

Gotta love 'em!

Good luck, congratulations and the best of the season to you!

E

"Never pick a fight with an old spy. If he doesn't feel like fighting he'll just kill you."

T.S. Eggleston, DmAt, MSI - aka The Eggman
    www.TheEggman.com
    www.TheEgglestonGroup.com

"If You Can't Be Free, At Leat Be Irritating"

Post imported post

Sage,
    Congratulations on the happy event. Don't get too upset about how you photograph: Desert Doc says I look demented in the pics he took of me! I don't believe I'm demented at all. :X

Keep an eye on the Tidewater OC dinner threads. Bubba Ron is planning on an end of the month dinner attended by a local reporter who is writing a story on OC in this area. She might be interested in speaking with some visiting dignitaries from the other side of the country as well!

By the way, did I tell you Desert Doc thinks I look demented in the pics he took of me?

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    By the way, did I tell you Desert Doc thinks I look demented in the pics he took of me?
    Actually, you looked pretty dapper in the picture of you wearing Danbus' BMWAG hat .

Congrats to the perspective Bride and Groom . If the wedding is in Virginia, it may become the SAFEST wedding ever .

Post imported post

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes!

Agent19 wrote:
    Is this just a visit or are you moving for good?

Edit:
    this is already planned my be you and the future misses*can make it.
    Spartans Family Restaurant
    9542 Burke Rd
    Burke, VA 22015

703-503-5800

Brunch at a gun-friendly, family restaurant.**
    They serve great Greek and Italian food there.

Sunday Jan.*6**@ 11:30am.

Just a visit, unfortunately. Virginia so far has been very beautiful and reminds me a lot of Seattle. :P

Maybe someday we'll move there, but for now, home is Idaho.

Post imported post

The lovely bride to be just informed me that we will be planning an engagement party slash farewell party before we do the Big Move after February.

I'll keep everyone updated, and we are hoping many of you well-wishers will be able to attend.

ccloud43

Post imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
    Great! I'll be there from the 24th to the 7th of January.

Ron are we still trying to plan something around the 28th or 29th for Rev. if we are it seems that the Sage and his soon to be Mrs's. will be here. I'm thinkin somethin' big. Dare i say a certain Pizza joint@ Princess Anne and Baxter. Huh, Wadda ya say..

Post imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
    Sage of Seattle wrote:
    Great! I'll be there from the 24th to the 7th of January.
    Ron are we still trying to plan something around the 28th or 29th for Rev. if we are it seems that the Sage and his soon to be Mrs's. will be here. I'm thinkin somethin' big. Dare i say a certain Pizza joint@ Princess Anne and Baxter. Huh, Wadda ya say..
    Corey, you are a "pizza ho-ho-ho". We'll really try to get Rev and Sage accommadated - we need to hear from Brian - but I like your idea .

Post imported post

Hi, my name is Sage and I'm a Pizza-holic...

Sounds good to go for us. I posted in the other thread just now, the Tidewater dinner thread too, just to show how excited I am to be spending Christmas and the new year on the east coast!

ccloud43

Post imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
    Hi, my name is Sage and I'm a Pizza-holic...

Sounds good to go for us. I posted in the other thread just now, the Tidewater dinner thread too, just to show how excited I am to be spending Christmas and the new year on the east coast!
    Yeah me too..Pizza is the perfect food. But it seems that we are kinda planning a dinner at smokey bonesthat has my second favorite food which is BBQ. So that is good also.

Post imported post

Hi everyone....

I got in just fine after a hell of a long day Monday.

I had a wonderful Christmas and keeping really busy with putting together Erector sets and Lincoln Logs and Legos (Pirates of the Carribbean, doncha know!) and such like. Just found out someone bashed into our car last night sometime -- no injuries but a hit-and-run nonetheless. We're still pretty pissed off about it.

Anyway, what's on the agenda for this week or next?

Post imported post

Well, I'll be in Nova late on the third, early on the fourth...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
    Hi everyone....

I got in just fine after a hell of a long day Monday.

I had a wonderful Christmas and keeping really busy with putting together Erector sets and Lincoln Logs and Legos (Pirates of the Carribbean, doncha know!) and such like. Just found out someone bashed into our car last night sometime -- no injuries but a hit-and-run nonetheless. We're still pretty pissed off about it.

Anyway, what's on the agenda for this week or next?
    There's a get-together the 6th: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/6753.html

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

B
    U
    M
    P
    O
    L
    A

Hi, everyone. The little woman and I had to put off our wedded bliss until March 8 in the Virginia Beach area.

She and I would like to give a warm welcome to any who are in the area and who would wish to attend. I will PM the location and time to interested parties.

I've asked Bubba Ron to also spread the word on our behalf there in Virginia.

As mentioned earlier, firearms make good wedding gifts!

Okay, I'm kidding about the last part. All we ask for is your attendance and well-wishes. Gifts are optional.

Post imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
    Hi, everyone. The little woman and I had to put off our wedded bliss until March 8 in the Virginia Beach area.
    March 8th - that's less than 2 weeks - we better hear some plans soon :shock:

We're going to have to have a dining out next week just to make some plans of our own