• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my Ticket in hand...

Sage of Seattle

imported post

...and I'm going back to Virginia over the first of the year.

I had a great time meeting everyone at the VCDL get togethers with my fiancee, especially Ron and his wife, and I'm hoping to hook up with y'all again this time around.

We're going to get married in a few months, so here's a pic of the happy couple! (us)

Yeah, I know I look goofy as hell -- this was like the eighth picture I took and I was trying to get everything *just perfect.* I'm an amateur photographer and I can get pretty anal about that sort of thing, doncha know...

Attachments

• 09-14-07_1834.jpg
    09-14-07_1834.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 920

Mainsail

imported post

Congrats! You don’t look too happy though, the expression on your face leads me to believe you’re thinking, “What the hell is wrong with this camera…why won’t it flash?”

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Congrats!  You don’t look too happy though, the expression on your face leads me to believe you’re thinking, “What the hell is wrong with this camera…why won’t it flash?”

Hahaha! Yeah, that's it exactly, Mainsail. I was thinking, "damn, this room is too dark, don't know how to use the flash on my cell-camera, gotta keep it really steady so it doesn't blur, hope this one works, we're gonna be late for dinner..."

:D

C

ccloud43

imported post

Congrats to both of you.Let us know if you will be in the Tidewater area and we will set up another dinner.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Great! I'll be there from the 24th to the 7th of January. She and I will also be doing a quasi-road trip across the state towards West Virginia sometime during my stay, so she and I could concievably meet up with others not in the virginia Beach area as well.

Marco

imported post

Why wouldn't she.:?

Tuxedos hide guns extremely well, just be sure to wear gun/holster to the fitting.:D
I choose to usesmart carry and a 3" Ruger SP101 in .357mag loaded w/ DT 125gr. JHP's and one reload.

There were at least six armed people @ my wedding.

Best man
Good Friend & his wife
My Mother & Step Father
and me

Is this just a visit or are you moving for good?

Edit:
this is already planned may be you and the future missescan make it.
Spartans Family Restaurant
9542 Burke Rd
Burke, VA 22015

703-503-5800

Brunch at a gun-friendly, family restaurant.
They serve great Greek and Italian food there.

Sunday Jan.6@ 11:30am.

JB

imported post

I'm the only "wierdo" in my family that carries, so when my sister got married a few months back I went around with two different holsters asking my family which one matched my shoes. They didn't think it was as funny as I did.

TheEggman

imported post

I got a wedding invitation from an old acquaintence a while back. I called to RSVP and his fiance answered.

After a bit of chit-chat she took me completely offguard with "You 'will' be bringing your 'Austrian Friend' won't you?"

I had absolutely no idea what she meant until she said she'd "feel better if a few armed guests were around, and Jim's tux was just a bit too tight for him to comfortably carry. (My 'Austrian Friend was my Glock.)

Jim's a very lucky man.

BTW: So am I - My spouse of over 20 years read an article this week about the hit/miss ratio of the NYC police. Basically it said what most of us already know, that a controlled range setting and the chaos of a adrenalne filled gunfight are completely different.

Her words: "I don't trust myself with the pistol any more. I want a shotgun."

Gotta love 'em!

Good luck, congratulations and the best of the season to you!

E

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sage,
Congratulations on the happy event. Don't get too upset about how you photograph: Desert Doc says I look demented in the pics he took of me! I don't believe I'm demented at all. :X

Keep an eye on the Tidewater OC dinner threads. Bubba Ron is planning on an end of the month dinner attended by a local reporter who is writing a story on OC in this area. She might be interested in speaking with some visiting dignitaries from the other side of the country as well!

By the way, did I tell you Desert Doc thinks I look demented in the pics he took of me?

Bubba Ron

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
By the way, did I tell you Desert Doc thinks I look demented in the pics he took of me?
Actually, you looked pretty dapper in the picture of you wearing Danbus' BMWAG hat ;).

Congrats to the perspective Bride and Groom :exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:. If the wedding is in Virginia, it may become the SAFEST wedding ever :cool:.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes!

Agent19 wrote:
Is this just a visit or are you moving for good?

Edit:
this is already planned my be you and the future misses can make it.
Spartans Family Restaurant
9542 Burke Rd
Burke, VA 22015

703-503-5800

Brunch at a gun-friendly, family restaurant.  
They serve great Greek and Italian food there.

Sunday Jan. 6  @ 11:30am.

Just a visit, unfortunately. Virginia so far has been very beautiful and reminds me a lot of Seattle. :p

Maybe someday we'll move there, but for now, home is Idaho.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

The lovely bride to be just informed me that we will be planning an engagement party slash farewell party before we do the Big Move after February.

I'll keep everyone updated, and we are hoping many of you well-wishers will be able to attend.

C

ccloud43

imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
Great! I'll be there from the 24th to the 7th of January.

Ron are we still trying to plan something around the 28th or 29th for Rev. if we are it seems that the Sage and his soon to be Mrs's. will be here. I'm thinkin somethin' big. Dare i say a certain Pizza joint@ Princess Anne and Baxter. Huh, Wadda ya say..:lol:

Bubba Ron

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
Sage of Seattle wrote:
Great! I'll be there from the 24th to the 7th of January.
Ron are we still trying to plan something around the 28th or 29th for Rev. if we are it seems that the Sage and his soon to be Mrs's. will be here. I'm thinkin somethin' big. Dare i say a certain Pizza joint@ Princess Anne and Baxter. Huh, Wadda ya say..:lol:
Corey, you are a "pizza ho-ho-ho". We'll really try to get Rev and Sage accommadated - we need to hear from Brian - but I like your idea :).

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Hi, my name is Sage and I'm a Pizza-holic... :)

Sounds good to go for us. I posted in the other thread just now, the Tidewater dinner thread too, just to show how excited I am to be spending Christmas and the new year on the east coast!

C

ccloud43

imported post

Sage of Seattle wrote:
Hi, my name is Sage and I'm a Pizza-holic... :)

Sounds good to go for us. I posted in the other thread just now, the Tidewater dinner thread too, just to show how excited I am to be spending Christmas and the new year on the east coast!
Yeah me too..Pizza is the perfect food. But it seems that we are kinda planning a dinner at smokey bonesthat has my second favorite food which is BBQ. So that is good also.