• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Corvallis

taurus9mm

imported post

Has anyone attempted this? The cops are pretty nuts in this city. Let me know of your experiences. Thanks
c

taurus9mm

imported post

OC'ed in Kmart, Carmike, Ross, Winco, Sheri's....all cool. got a few looks but nothing out of the ordinary. :)

Deovin1

imported post

Keep it up. I am from the Lebanon area and am open carrying whenever I go to town. I think we are the only ones in this neck of the woods!

lowone

imported post

During fair weather i tend to ride my bicycle everywhere.. which will include to the range in comeing months..

So I recently asked a pair of benton county sheriffs about this. Their opinion the best way was to just get a conceled carry license, but while on a bike open carry in a visable holster was more then acceptable.

now i just need to find an cpd officer to pose the same question to before I attempt it as weather gets nicer.

FishOrMan

imported post

Hi, I OC last summer when heading to the woods to look for mushrooms. It was uneventful but I wasn't around town much that day. I have no idea what CorvallisPD might think about it, (nor would I ever like to find out).

Had a really bad experience in WA state a few years back... but would like to start open carrying again.

TYFOON

imported post

lowone wrote:
....but while on a bike open carry in a visable holster was more then acceptable.

Firearms may be openly carried in cars without any license except where localities have made open carry illegal; however, an Oregon concealed handgun permit holder is exempt from all local open carry bans. To our knowledge, only the cities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence have passed loaded firearms bans encompassing all public places.

http://www.opencarry.org/