Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Poll: Should College Students Be Allowed To Protect Themselves

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post


  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,728

    Post imported post

    Come on guys and gals you need to vote. 60% against carry.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    41% to 59% after my vote



  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    42%-58%

    In Alabama no less :?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    We're now at 55% to 45% with the good guys winning

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    Alabama, with most voting AGAINST carry rather than FOR it? :shock:

    Well, if the "Old South" is going liberal, I guess it's all over for America as it once was.

    What a disappointment...but not completely unexpected considering how liberalism is spreading nowadays like the Black Death did in 1348. Or like an army of Orcs marching on Helm's Deep.

    What can men do against such reckless naivete?



    -- John D.


    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    John, I'm still amazed that Texas doesn't allow open carry. We just have to keep fighting. Have you joined the Texas Citizens Defense League? http://txcdl.org/

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    ama-gi,

    Sort of, but not so much now.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum51/6580.html

    I plan to leave TX anyway, within 4 years if not sooner...a couple of years in Galveston perhaps, then out of this state.

    VA around White Stone looks good. Used to live in Fairfax but it's too pricey for me now: Apartment rents are pretty steep.

    -- John D.



    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  9. #9
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    cloudcroft wrote:
    Alabama, with most voting AGAINST carry rather than FOR it? :shock:

    Well, if the "Old South" is going liberal, I guess it's all over for America as it once was.

    What a disappointment...but not completely unexpected considering how liberalism is spreading nowadays like the Black Death did in 1348. Or like an army of Orcs marching on Helm's Deep.

    What can men do against such reckless naivete?



    -- John D.


    It's sad ain't it?

  10. #10
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    63% for the good guys
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Under his proposal, students would have to meet several conditions, including being enrolled in an ROTC military training program, having no felony or misdemeanor convictions, and completing a gun skills course.
    Self-defense for students? Or military recruitment? "I'm sorry kid, but you can only protect yourself if you jump on Uncle Sam's bandwagon."



  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran Dutch Uncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,715

    Post imported post

    Now it's 65% for self defense and 35% for victimhood.

    Everyone knows these polls aren't scientific, but it still must irk the antis no end to see them go this way. "What's this world coming to? Don't they believe our propaganda anymore?!"

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Now it's 65% for self defense and 35% for victimhood.

    Everyone knows these polls aren't scientific, but it still must irk the antis no end to see them go this way. "What's this world coming to? Don't they believe our propaganda anymore?!"
    They're not scientific but most people aren't free thinkers. They're followers and seeing a poll overwhelmingly go one way softens them up to considering accepting that point of view as their own.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Yes 65%
    No 35%
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  15. #15
    Regular Member thnycav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Windsor VA, ,
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    A self defence club on campus does make sense. You could train the members and go over possible scenarios that could happen. SOPs could be made and coordination between them and the Police and campus security as far as what needs to be done when they show up. How to pinpoint the bg verses the student defending themselves and others. You could train with paint-ball guns the sim rounds would be better though. After a few force on force trainingsessions you would get an idea it it not as easy as just point a weapon and shoot.

    “Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician.” Col. Jeff Cooper



  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    thnycav wrote:
    A self defence club on campus does make sense. You could train the members and go over possible scenarios that could happen. SOPs could be made and coordination between them and the Police and campus security as far as what needs to be done when they show up. How to pinpoint the bg verses the student defending themselves and others. You could train with paint-ball guns the sim rounds would be better though. After a few force on force trainingsessions you would get an idea it it not as easy as just point a weapon and shoot.

    “Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician.” Col. Jeff Cooper

    If you wanna carry a club, be my guest. Just so long as you don't try to force others to do the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •