Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: It can happen to you too

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    This knid of crap worries me greatly........long but worth it.

    http://www.backwoodshome.com/letters....html#metcalf1




  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Surprised this hasn't gotten more comments. There's story after story of gross miscarriages of justice by the government (specifically BATFE) out there, and those are just the ones that haven't been effectively suppressed.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    I am amused that in following my interest-thread "backwoods philosophers" I was led right back to Robert Anson Heinlein...

    Heinlein was opposed to any encroachment of religion into government; he pilloried organized religion in Job: A Comedy of Justice, and, with more subtlety and ambivalence, in Stranger in a Strange Land. His future history includes a period called the Interregnum, in which a backwoods revivalist becomes dictator of the United States; Revolt in 2100 depicts a revolutionary underground overthrowing that religious dictatorship. Positive descriptions of the military (Between Planets, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Red Planet, Starship Troopers) tend to emphasize the individual actions of volunteers in the spirit of the Minutemen of colonial America. Conscription and the military as an extension of the government are portrayed in Time Enough for Love, Glory Road, and Starship Troopers as being poor substitutes for the volunteers who, ideally, should be defending a free society.
    The other topics in the cribbed 'graph should be familiar to habitues of OCDO.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    Wow! Scary stuff! It almost reminds me of a post I read where the DOJ or the FBI, can't remember which one, handed out a few pamphlets to several police departments througout the country. The pamphlets were on How to Spotpotential terrorists. Key indicators that I can remember were:

    • Anyone who uses the internet on a daily basis
    • Anyone who owns SEVERAL weapons, especially assualt weapons
    • Anyone who constantly refers to the U.S. Constitution
    • Anyone who takes pictures of federal buildings

    There were a few more but I can't remember them all. I'm trying to find the article as I know I saved it somewhere on my computer. But anyway, I remember reading that the police who were given these pamphlets were pretty p*ssed off because they would have to be considered terrorists as well. The pamphlets were recalled and that's the lastI heard of it.



    Jersey



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    Jersey Ron wrote:
    Wow! Scary stuff! It almost reminds me of a post I read where the DOJ or the FBI, can't remember which one, handed out a few pamphlets to several police departments througout the country. The pamphlets were on How to Spotpotential terrorists. Key indicators that I can remember were:

    • Anyone who uses the internet on a daily basis
    • Anyone who owns SEVERAL weapons, especially assualt weapons
    • Anyone who constantly refers to the U.S. Constitution
    • Anyone who takes pictures of federal buildings
    There were a few more but I can't remember them all. I'm trying to find the article as I know I saved it somewhere on my computer. But anyway, I remember reading that the police who were given these pamphlets were pretty p*ssed off because they would have to be considered terrorists as well. The pamphlets were recalled and that's the lastI heard of it.



    Jersey

    I think this may be what you are referring to.

    http://www.infowars.com/images2/ps/t...hlet_front.jpg



    http://www.infowars.com/images2/ps/t...phlet_back.jpg









    Tarzan

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    Jersey Ron wrote:
    Wow! Scary stuff! It almost reminds me of a post I read where the DOJ or the FBI, can't remember which one, handed out a few pamphlets to several police departments througout the country. The pamphlets were on How to Spotpotential terrorists. Key indicators that I can remember were:

    • Anyone who uses the internet on a daily basis
    • Anyone who owns SEVERAL weapons, especially assualt weapons
    • Anyone who constantly refers to the U.S. Constitution
    • Anyone who takes pictures of federal buildings
    There were a few more but I can't remember them all. I'm trying to find the article as I know I saved it somewhere on my computer. But anyway, I remember reading that the police who were given these pamphlets were pretty p*ssed off because they would have to be considered terrorists as well. The pamphlets were recalled and that's the lastI heard of it.
    A google search turned up this page about the flyer.


    Other "terrorists attributes" were

    • refusing to identify yourself
    • Making numerous references to the US Constitution
    • people who attempt to "police the police"
    • People who request authority for a police stop (so basically, anyone who questions authority rather than acting like a slave)
    • Claim driving is a right, not a privilege

    If any of this sounds like you, congratulations, you're a thought criminal. Certain beliefs are not allowed in this country, especially ones related to the Constitution. I'm sorry, did you think you lived in a free country? COINTELPRO is also related to this, imo.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    ama-gi wrote:
    Jersey Ron wrote:
    Wow! Scary stuff! It almost reminds me of a post I read where the DOJ or the FBI, can't remember which one, handed out a few pamphlets to several police departments througout the country. The pamphlets were on How to Spotpotential terrorists. Key indicators that I can remember were:

    • Anyone who uses the internet on a daily basis
    • Anyone who owns SEVERAL weapons, especially assualt weapons
    • Anyone who constantly refers to the U.S. Constitution
    • Anyone who takes pictures of federal buildings
    There were a few more but I can't remember them all. I'm trying to find the article as I know I saved it somewhere on my computer. But anyway, I remember reading that the police who were given these pamphlets were pretty p*ssed off because they would have to be considered terrorists as well. The pamphlets were recalled and that's the lastI heard of it.
    A google search turned up this page about the flyer.


    Other "terrorists attributes" were

    • refusing to identify yourself
    • Making numerous references to the US Constitution
    • people who attempt to "police the police"
    • People who request authority for a police stop (so basically, anyone who questions authority rather than acting like a slave)
    • Claim driving is a right, not a privilege
    If any of this sounds like you, congratulations, you're a thought criminal. Certain beliefs are not allowed in this country, especially ones related to the Constitution. I'm sorry, did you think you lived in a free country? COINTELPRO is also related to this, imo.
    Here they are.

    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/image...lyer-Front.jpg



    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/image...Flyer-Back.jpg





    Tarzan




    PS Things make more sense when you look at the pamphlet and don't read paraphrases out of context.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    ama-gi wrote:
    If any of this sounds like you, congratulations, you're a thought criminal. Certain beliefs are not allowed in this country, especially ones related to the Constitution. I'm sorry, did you think you lived in a free country? COINTELPRO is also related to this, imo.
    When you think about it, terrorism is pretty much a thought crime. Widescale property destruction and death can easily be prosecuted as their respective crimes... I can't see how to persecute, er, prosecute terrorism without punishing "thought crime"/

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    WTF is baby formula use to a "terrorist?" I know mannitol's use but baby formula?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    44

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    WTF is baby formula use to a "terrorist?" I know mannitol's use but baby formula?
    Well, when I buy my jeans in cash, I buy Wrangler jeans, not Levi jeans, so I'm not a terrorist in Texas.

    I'm also wondering about the beer/wine/liquor...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    DeltaII5 wrote: Wow...I hadn't seen this site

    Soooooooooo....It looks like this flag is now...what? A terrorist symbol? WTF! The flag our founders flew above their heads when they fought King George is now a terrorist symbol? God DAMN I'm angry about what's happened to my formerly free country.

    I think I'm gunna buy one of these flags and fly it



    --

    --edit--

    From the above linked website:
    Domestic Terrorists

    Anti-Government Groups

    The history of our country is filled with opposition to a strong federal government. George Washington marched troops into Pennsylvania to enforce the federal government’s power to levy taxes. We fought a civil war over the question of the power of states vs. federal government.
    So opposition to a strong federal government is terrorism too!

    And since we live in a country where we've abolished habeas corpus for suspected "terrorists" and we refuse counsel and other basic rights to American citizens accused of "terrorism," well......


    Thanks, neoconservatives!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    ama-gi wrote:
    DeltaII5 wrote: Wow...I hadn't seen this site

    Soooooooooo....It looks like this flag is now...what? A terrorist symbol? WTF! The flag our founders flew above their heads when they fought King George is now a terrorist symbol? God DAMN I'm angry about what's happened to my formerly free country.

    I think I'm gunna buy one of these flags and fly it



    --

    --edit--

    From the above linked website:
    Domestic Terrorists

    Anti-Government Groups

    The history of our country is filled with opposition to a strong federal government. George Washington marched troops into Pennsylvania to enforce the federal government’s power to levy taxes. We fought a civil war over the question of the power of states vs. federal government.
    So opposition to a strong federal government is terrorism too!

    And since we live in a country where we've abolished habeas corpus for suspected "terrorists" and we refuse counsel and other basic rights to American citizens accused of "terrorism," well......


    Thanks, neoconservatives!
    But, but, but.. it'll never happen to me. I'm a law-abiding citizen, and I'm glad that my good friend Big Government takes care of us all through denying rights to those evil, evil criminals. Criminals shouldn't have rights, anyway, since they're criminals, and we need to unite against criminals.

    Starting to make sense yet? :?

  14. #14
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,731

    Post imported post

    They came first for the jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a jew;

    And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

    And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

    And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    44

    Post imported post

    just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
    Comp-tech wrote:
    This knid of crap worries me greatly........long but worth it.

    http://www.backwoodshome.com/letters....html#metcalf1


    Do you guys do any research at all before "jumping on the bandwagon". It wouldn't take much to read all about Mr. Bradford Metcalf's case. It was well publicized ! He was convicted of possessing several machine guns in violation of the 1934 Federal Firearms Act. Just because you dissemble machine guns, and have different people hold various parts at several locations doesn't prevent a successful prosecution.

    Metcalf deserves everyday he got. He was not just hanging around with a few militia members. His group was successfully penetrated by an undercover BATFE agent and the evidence was overwhelming. Sure try all the constitutional right to own illegal machine guns crapall you want. It won't fly in court. Fortunately Mr. Metcalf has learned that the hard way and serves as a great example of what not to do. He will no longer be a danger to his community and will die in prison, thanks to the great work of the special agents of the BATFE that worked the case.

    While you are doing a fact check, down load http://www.ispell.com a free spell checker.

    Kind not knid
    I look into the story a little bit and it made me wonder what truely happened. Most people here seem to be assuming this guy is innocent and was set up. Your assuming the BATFE is telling the truth, didn't stack the deck. Were these parts full auto? There is no standard for testing. "He filed it down" and all that crap can end up as evidence in court, as ******** as it is. (not saying that statement was made in this story).

    I think it's somewhere in the middle.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    DeltaII5 wrote:
    I think (the truth is)somewhere in the middle.
    I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of your POV and mine...which means it's somewhere in the 75th percentile

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
    color of law wrote:
    They came first for the jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a jew;

    And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

    And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

    And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
    http://www.ispell.com

    It's free !

    Protestant not Protisent. Let's not confirm the anti-gun folk's suspicion that we are all a bunch of illiterate people from Alabama.
    Do I smell a red herring?



    Coincidentally, JAGWAG, most of the condemning points you brought up in your second to last post were addressed in the gentleman's article that was in the link.

  18. #18
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
    color of law wrote:
    They came first for the jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a jew;

    And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

    And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

    And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
    http://www.ispell.com

    It's free !

    Protestant not Protisent. Let's not confirm the anti-gun folk's suspicion that we are all a bunch of illiterate people from Alabama.
    Do I smell a red herring?



    Coincidentally, JAGWAG, most of the condemning points you brought up in your second to last post were addressed in the gentleman's article that was in the link.
    That smartass never read the article...he gets all his info from Faux News and he knows more than anyone else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?
    JAGWAG, just a tip.....when you have to resort to personal attacks against a mis-typed/spelled word to have something to say...your opinion means less than nothing....but thanks anyway.


  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    Comp-tech wrote:
    else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?
    JAGWAG, just a tip.....when you have to resort to personal attacks against a mis-typed/spelled word to have something to say...your opinion means less than nothing....but thanks anyway.
    But that's the Fox Noise WAY!! Anything else takes critical thinking

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
    Comp-tech wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
    color of law wrote:
    They came first for the jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a jew;

    And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

    And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

    And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
    http://www.ispell.com

    It's free !

    Protestant not Protisent. Let's not confirm the anti-gun folk's suspicion that we are all a bunch of illiterate people from Alabama.
    Do I smell a red herring?



    Coincidentally, JAGWAG, most of the condemning points you brought up in your second to last post were addressed in the gentleman's article that was in the link.
    That smartass never read the article...he gets all his info from Faux News and he knows more than anyone else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?
    JAGWAG, just a tip.....when you have to resort to personal attacks against a mis-typed/spelled word to have something to say...your opinion means less than nothing....but thanks anyway.
    Actually I did read the article and I'm quite familiar with the well publicized case. In your zeal topropagate hatred toward our federal government, you apparently run from one conspiracy site to another, looking for information to bring here. Problem is like most conspiracy nuts your fact checking is really rather poor. Alex Jones (for example) is a sensationalist clown that has been proven a lier many times over. Coming on here and regurgitating every tall tale he tells, makes you the fool. That's OK, in Alabama you will fit right in.

    P.S. Free Grammar lesson, smart ass should be two words. Next post we will work on sentence structure. You are getting harder to read by the post.
    Ad hominem, too, eh?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    192

    Post imported post

    tarzan1888, yes! Yes! That's the pamphlet I saw!!!!! I almost choked on my coffee when I read it. Thanks for finding it. The TinFoil preachers would have "jumped" me if you didn't find it for me because I couldn't. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!







    Jersey

    PS - You're a terrorist if you make numerous references to the Constitution?!?!?!?! Too funny!!!



  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    Jersey Ron wrote:
    tarzan1888, yes! Yes! That's the pamphlet I saw!!!!! I almost choked on my coffee when I read it. Thanks for finding it. The TinFoil preachers would have "jumped" me if you didn't find it for me because I couldn't. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!







    Jersey

    PS - You're a terrorist if you make numerous references to the Constitution?!?!?!?! Too funny!!!

    You are welcome.



    Tarzan

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    In connection with the identification "criteria" for terrorists listed above, I'm reminded of a family vacation we took when I was a kid. We took the PA turnpike and passed by Harrisburg and Three Mile Island - then very much in the news as it was shortly after the accident. I had my dad stop and I got out and took pictures just for the novelty of it. We got back and I submitted the film and all the pics except those of the plant were developed/printed. Someone suggested that radiation might have damaged the pics (untrue, or the whole roll would have gotten zapped). Anyway, I didn't think much of it at the time (I was about 10) until I heard of essentially the same thing happening with someone else. I'm sure I'd be "interviewed" by the authorities -if not up on formal charges - if that happened today.

    I'm still curious about how and by whom and on what pretext they "disppeared" my photos.


    -ljp


  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    The authorities love to pick on photgraphers for some reason. My dad and I like to watch trains and build model railroads. One time in a small industrial town outside Philadelphia we were watching trains and a cop got all pigheaded and threatened to arrest me and take my camera. Apparently, taking pictures makes you a terrorist in this land of paranoid wimps.

    Youe story about the film being screwed up by the developer makes me glad that with the advent of digital phtography, nobody can ruin your film or narc you out to the "author-i-tay". All you need is a laptop, a USB cable,and a printer.

    In addition to digital, which I use mainly for color photgraphy, I also sometimes develop my own black-and-white film, which gives me total control over the whole process, from shutter-click to printing. But that's for the more hard-core hobbyist.

  25. #25
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
    Comp-tech wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
    color of law wrote:
    They came first for the jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a jew;

    And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

    And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

    And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
    http://www.ispell.com

    It's free !

    Protestant not Protisent. Let's not confirm the anti-gun folk's suspicion that we are all a bunch of illiterate people from Alabama.
    Do I smell a red herring?



    Coincidentally, JAGWAG, most of the condemning points you brought up in your second to last post were addressed in the gentleman's article that was in the link.
    That smartass never read the article...he gets all his info from Faux News and he knows more than anyone else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?
    JAGWAG, just a tip.....when you have to resort to personal attacks against a mis-typed/spelled word to have something to say...your opinion means less than nothing....but thanks anyway.
    Actually I did read the article and I'm quite familiar with the well publicized case. In your zeal topropagate hatred toward our federal government, you apparently run from one conspiracy site to another, looking for information to bring here. Problem is like most conspiracy nuts your fact checking is really rather poor. Alex Jones (for example) is a sensationalist clown that has been proven aliermany times over. Coming on here and regurgitating every tall tale he tells, makes you the fool. That's OK, in Alabama you will fit right in.

    P.S. Free Grammar lesson, smart ass should be two words. Next post we will work on sentence structure. You are getting harder to read by the post.
    Number 1, troll with a glock, I don't recall quoting Alex Jones...and I have no zeal to propagate anything other than truth.
    Number 2, before you criticize someone elses spelling, maybe YOU should learn how the simple 4 letter word LIAR is correctly spelled.
    Number 3, free grammar lesson, the 2 word usage of "smart ass" would imply that you are refering to a smart ass.....ie, literally an ass that is smart, which, in your case, is only half correct......the one word term "smartass" implies an attitude which you seem to regularly employ but show very little understanding of.
    If you want to engage in a battle of wits.....at least come armed......criticism and personal attack only proves your lack of intelligence.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •