• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It can happen to you too

imperialism2024

imported post

Surprised this hasn't gotten more comments. There's story after story of gross miscarriages of justice by the government (specifically BATFE) out there, and those are just the ones that haven't been effectively suppressed.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I am amused that in following my interest-thread "backwoods philosophers" I was led right back to Robert Anson Heinlein...

Heinlein was opposed to any encroachment of religion into government; he pilloried organized religion in Job: A Comedy of Justice, and, with more subtlety and ambivalence, in Stranger in a Strange Land. His future history includes a period called the Interregnum, in which a backwoods revivalist becomes dictator of the United States; Revolt in 2100 depicts a revolutionary underground overthrowing that religious dictatorship. Positive descriptions of the military (Between Planets, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Red Planet, Starship Troopers) tend to emphasize the individual actions of volunteers in the spirit of the Minutemen of colonial America. Conscription and the military as an extension of the government are portrayed in Time Enough for Love, Glory Road, and Starship Troopers as being poor substitutes for the volunteers who, ideally, should be defending a free society.

The other topics in the cribbed 'graph should be familiar to habitues of OCDO.

Jersey Ron

imported post

Wow! Scary stuff! It almost reminds me of a post I read where the DOJ or the FBI, can't remember which one, handed out a few pamphlets to several police departments througout the country. The pamphlets were on How to Spotpotential terrorists. Key indicators that I can remember were:

• Anyone who uses the internet on a daily basis
  • Anyone who owns SEVERAL weapons, especially assualt weapons
  • Anyone who constantly refers to the U.S. Constitution
  • Anyone who takes pictures of federal buildings
There were a few more but I can't remember them all. I'm trying to find the article as I know I saved it somewhere on my computer. But anyway, I remember reading that the police who were given these pamphlets were pretty p*ssed off because they would have to be considered terrorists as well. The pamphlets were recalled and that's the lastI heard of it.

Jersey

tarzan1888

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
Wow! Scary stuff! It almost reminds me of a post I read where the DOJ or the FBI, can't remember which one, handed out a few pamphlets to several police departments througout the country. The pamphlets were on How to Spotpotential terrorists. Key indicators that I can remember were:

There were a few more but I can't remember them all. I'm trying to find the article as I know I saved it somewhere on my computer. But anyway, I remember reading that the police who were given these pamphlets were pretty p*ssed off because they would have to be considered terrorists as well. The pamphlets were recalled and that's the lastI heard of it.

Jersey

I think this may be what you are referring to.

http://www.infowars.com/images2/ps/txps_terror_pamphlet_front.jpg

txps_terror_pamphlet_front.jpg

http://www.infowars.com/images2/ps/txps_terror_pamphlet_back.jpg

txps_terror_pamphlet_back.jpg

Tarzan

sjhipple

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:

A google search turned up this page about the flyer.

Other "terrorists attributes" were

• refusing to identify yourself
  • Making numerous references to the US Constitution
  • people who attempt to "police the police"
  • People who request authority for a police stop (so basically, anyone who questions authority rather than acting like a slave)
  • Claim driving is a right, not a privilege
If any of this sounds like you, congratulations, you're a thought criminal. Certain beliefs are not allowed in this country, especially ones related to the Constitution. I'm sorry, did you think you lived in a free country? COINTELPRO is also related to this, imo.

tarzan1888

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:

A google search turned up this page about the flyer.

Other "terrorists attributes" were

• refusing to identify yourself
  • Making numerous references to the US Constitution
  • people who attempt to "police the police"
  • People who request authority for a police stop (so basically, anyone who questions authority rather than acting like a slave)
  • Claim driving is a right, not a privilege
If any of this sounds like you, congratulations, you're a thought criminal. Certain beliefs are not allowed in this country, especially ones related to the Constitution. I'm sorry, did you think you lived in a free country? COINTELPRO is also related to this, imo.
Here they are.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/FBI-MCSOTerroristFlyer-Front.jpg

FBI-MCSOTerroristFlyer-Front.jpg

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/FBI-MCSOTerroristFlyer-Back.jpg

FBI-MCSOTerroristFlyer-Back.jpg

Tarzan

PS Things make more sense when you look at the pamphlet and don't read paraphrases out of context.

imperialism2024

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
When you think about it, terrorism is pretty much a thought crime. Widescale property destruction and death can easily be prosecuted as their respective crimes... I can't see how to persecute, er, prosecute terrorism without punishing "thought crime"/

sjhipple

imported post

DeltaII5 wrote:
Wow...I hadn't seen this site

Soooooooooo....It looks like this flag is now...what? A terrorist symbol? WTF! The flag our founders flew above their heads when they fought King George is now a terrorist symbol? God DAMN I'm angry about what's happened to my formerly free country.

I think I'm gunna buy one of these flags and fly it

C-13.jpg

--

--edit--

From the above linked website:
Domestic Terrorists

Anti-Government Groups

The history of our country is filled with opposition to a strong federal government. George Washington marched troops into Pennsylvania to enforce the federal government’s power to levy taxes. We fought a civil war over the question of the power of states vs. federal government.

So opposition to a strong federal government is terrorism too!:cuss::cuss::cuss:

And since we live in a country where we've abolished habeas corpus for suspected "terrorists" and we refuse counsel and other basic rights to American citizens accused of "terrorism," well......

Thanks, neoconservatives!

imperialism2024

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
DeltaII5 wrote:
Wow...I hadn't seen this site

Soooooooooo....It looks like this flag is now...what? A terrorist symbol? WTF! The flag our founders flew above their heads when they fought King George is now a terrorist symbol? God DAMN I'm angry about what's happened to my formerly free country.

I think I'm gunna buy one of these flags and fly it

C-13.jpg

--

--edit--

From the above linked website:
Domestic Terrorists

Anti-Government Groups

The history of our country is filled with opposition to a strong federal government. George Washington marched troops into Pennsylvania to enforce the federal government’s power to levy taxes. We fought a civil war over the question of the power of states vs. federal government.

So opposition to a strong federal government is terrorism too!:cuss::cuss::cuss:

And since we live in a country where we've abolished habeas corpus for suspected "terrorists" and we refuse counsel and other basic rights to American citizens accused of "terrorism," well......

Thanks, neoconservatives!
But, but, but.. it'll never happen to me. I'm a law-abiding citizen, and I'm glad that my good friend Big Government takes care of us all through denying rights to those evil, evil criminals. Criminals shouldn't have rights, anyway, since they're criminals, and we need to unite against criminals.

Starting to make sense yet? :?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

They came first for the jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a jew;

And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

DeltaII5

imported post

just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
Comp-tech wrote:
This knid of crap worries me greatly........long but worth it.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/letters/letters103.html#metcalf1

Do you guys do any research at all before "jumping on the bandwagon". It wouldn't take much to read all about Mr. Bradford Metcalf's case. It was well publicized ! He was convicted of possessing several machine guns in violation of the 1934 Federal Firearms Act. Just because you dissemble machine guns, and have different people hold various parts at several locations doesn't prevent a successful prosecution.

Metcalf deserves everyday he got. He was not just hanging around with a few militia members. His group was successfully penetrated by an undercover BATFE agent and the evidence was overwhelming. Sure try all the constitutional right to own illegal machine guns crapall you want. It won't fly in court. Fortunately Mr. Metcalf has learned that the hard way and serves as a great example of what not to do. He will no longer be a danger to his community and will die in prison, thanks to the great work of the special agents of the BATFE that worked the case.

While you are doing a fact check, down load http://www.ispell.com a free spell checker.

Kind not knid

I look into the story a little bit and it made me wonder what truely happened. Most people here seem to be assuming this guy is innocent and was set up. Your assuming the BATFE is telling the truth, didn't stack the deck. Were these parts full auto? There is no standard for testing. "He filed it down" and all that crap can end up as evidence in court, as bullshit as it is. (not saying that statement was made in this story).

I think it's somewhere in the middle.

imperialism2024

imported post

color of law wrote:

And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

http://www.ispell.com

It's free !

Protestant not Protisent. Let's not confirm the anti-gun folk's suspicion that we are all a bunch of illiterate people from Alabama.
Do I smell a red herring?

:uhoh:

Coincidentally, JAGWAG, most of the condemning points you brought up in your second to last post were addressed in the gentleman's article that was in the link.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
color of law wrote:

It's free !

Protestant not Protisent. Let's not confirm the anti-gun folk's suspicion that we are all a bunch of illiterate people from Alabama.

Coincidentally, JAGWAG, most of the condemning points you brought up in your second to last post were addressed in the gentleman's article that was in the link.
That smartass never read the article...he gets all his info from Faux News and he knows more than anyone else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?
JAGWAG, just a tip.....when you have to resort to personal attacks against a mis-typed/spelled word to have something to say...your opinion means less than nothing....but thanks anyway.

sjhipple

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?
JAGWAG, just a tip.....when you have to resort to personal attacks against a mis-typed/spelled word to have something to say...your opinion means less than nothing....but thanks anyway.
But that's the Fox Noise WAY!! Anything else takes critical thinking :uhoh:

imperialism2024

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
color of law wrote:

It's free !

That smartass never read the article...he gets all his info from Faux News and he knows more than anyone else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?

Actually I did read the article and I'm quite familiar with the well publicized case. In your zeal topropagate hatred toward our federal government, you apparently run from one conspiracy site to another, looking for information to bring here. Problem is like most conspiracy nuts your fact checking is really rather poor. Alex Jones (for example) is a sensationalist clown that has been proven a lier many times over. Coming on here and regurgitating every tall tale he tells, makes you the fool. That's OK, in Alabama you will fit right in.

P.S. Free Grammar lesson, smart ass should be two words. Next post we will work on sentence structure. You are getting harder to read by the post.
Ad hominem, too, eh?