• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It can happen to you too

Jersey Ron

imported post

tarzan1888, yes! Yes! That's the pamphlet I saw!!!!! I almost choked on my coffee when I read it. Thanks for finding it. The TinFoil preachers would have "jumped" me if you didn't find it for me because I couldn't. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Jersey

PS - You're a terrorist if you make numerous references to the Constitution?!?!?!?! Too funny!!!

tarzan1888

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
tarzan1888, yes! Yes! That's the pamphlet I saw!!!!! I almost choked on my coffee when I read it. Thanks for finding it. The TinFoil preachers would have "jumped" me if you didn't find it for me because I couldn't. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Jersey

PS - You're a terrorist if you make numerous references to the Constitution?!?!?!?! Too funny!!!

You are welcome. ;)

Tarzan

Legba

imported post

In connection with the identification "criteria" for terrorists listed above, I'm reminded of a family vacation we took when I was a kid. We took the PA turnpike and passed by Harrisburg and Three Mile Island - then very much in the news as it was shortly after the accident. I had my dad stop and I got out and took pictures just for the novelty of it. We got back and I submitted the film and all the pics except those of the plant were developed/printed. Someone suggested that radiation might have damaged the pics (untrue, or the whole roll would have gotten zapped). Anyway, I didn't think much of it at the time (I was about 10) until I heard of essentially the same thing happening with someone else. I'm sure I'd be "interviewed" by the authorities -if not up on formal charges - if that happened today.

I'm still curious about how and by whom and on what pretext they "disppeared" my photos.

-ljp

Tomahawk

imported post

The authorities love to pick on photgraphers for some reason. My dad and I like to watch trains and build model railroads. One time in a small industrial town outside Philadelphia we were watching trains and a cop got all pigheaded and threatened to arrest me and take my camera. Apparently, taking pictures makes you a terrorist in this land of paranoid wimps.

Youe story about the film being screwed up by the developer makes me glad that with the advent of digital phtography, nobody can ruin your film or narc you out to the "author-i-tay". All you need is a laptop, a USB cable,and a printer.

In addition to digital, which I use mainly for color photgraphy, I also sometimes develop my own black-and-white film, which gives me total control over the whole process, from shutter-click to printing. But that's for the more hard-core hobbyist.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
Comp-tech wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
color of law wrote:
They came first for the jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a jew;

And then they came for the Baptist, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Baptist;

And then they came for the Protisent, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Protisent;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

http://www.ispell.com

It's free !

Protestant not Protisent. Let's not confirm the anti-gun folk's suspicion that we are all a bunch of illiterate people from Alabama.
Do I smell a red herring?

:uhoh:

Coincidentally, JAGWAG, most of the condemning points you brought up in your second to last post were addressed in the gentleman's article that was in the link.
That smartass never read the article...he gets all his info from Faux News and he knows more than anyone else in the world about everything anyway.....can't you tell?
JAGWAG, just a tip.....when you have to resort to personal attacks against a mis-typed/spelled word to have something to say...your opinion means less than nothing....but thanks anyway.

Actually I did read the article and I'm quite familiar with the well publicized case. In your zeal topropagate hatred toward our federal government, you apparently run from one conspiracy site to another, looking for information to bring here. Problem is like most conspiracy nuts your fact checking is really rather poor. Alex Jones (for example) is a sensationalist clown that has been proven a lier many times over. Coming on here and regurgitating every tall tale he tells, makes you the fool. That's OK, in Alabama you will fit right in.

P.S. Free Grammar lesson, smart ass should be two words. Next post we will work on sentence structure. You are getting harder to read by the post.
Number 1, troll with a glock, I don't recall quoting Alex Jones...and I have no zeal to propagate anything other than truth.
Number 2, before you criticize someone elses spelling, maybe YOU should learn how the simple 4 letter word LIAR is correctly spelled.
Number 3, free grammar lesson, the 2 word usage of "smart ass" would imply that you are refering to a smart ass.....ie, literally an ass that is smart, which, in your case, is only half correct......the one word term "smartass" implies an attitude which you seem to regularly employ but show very little understanding of.
If you want to engage in a battle of wits.....at least come armed......criticism and personal attack only proves your lack of intelligence.