• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jan 20th lunch meeting

joeroket

imported post

I don't get all the whining on this board about the functions, or lack of, on the NCWDL forums. If you want to whine and complain about it then please do it there so we don't clog up these forums with it.

Let's get back to the planning of the meetup.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A bit of shooting at Sam's sounds good. If there's another range further north that's fine too. I really like the idea of getting in some practice, being able to see each other's weapons, and having a sit down before / after. Count me in...

Jim

joeroket

imported post

Does anyone have any objections to Just_a_Car's suggestionoftheOriginal Roadhouse Grill across the street from Sam's Gun Shop onJan 20th at 2:00PM?

joeroket

Misguided Child

imported post

Are we still on for this? If so I'd like to point out that the restaurant is at the back of the parking lot and it is much easier to find if you head west on Airport Rd.(128th st) rather then try to find it from Evergreen Way.

just_a_car

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Are we still on for this? If so I'd like to point out that the restaurant is at the back of the parking lot and it is much easier to find if you head west on Airport Rd.(128th st) rather then try to find it from Evergreen Way.
Indeed. I usually come from I-5 by taking 128th/Airport Way westward and when you cross Hwy. 99, it's the second right (right after the 7-11), but it sneaks up on you, so you have to get over to the right lane and start slowing down. Since I live in Edmonds, I can also take back-roads and sometimes get there faster from the other direction, but still use the same entrance.

just_a_car

imported post

BTT

Remember folks, it's tomorrow at 2:00PM up in Everett at the Original Roadhouse Grill:

11804 Evergreen Way
Everett, WA 98204

I'll be there!

If you arrive at the restaurant lateand we're not there, head on over to Sam's Gun Shop & Range across the street, as we will likely be going over there afterwards. I'm going to go over to try and get some rings for my CETME to mount a Barska scope I got for my birthday.

compmanio365

imported post

Awesome, I'll be there with the wife dragged along. :)

Does Sam's have rentals on guns? The wife wants to try out a couple different guns so she has a better idea of what to buy for carry.

Agent 47

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Awesome, I'll be there with the wife dragged along. :)

Does Sam's have rentals on guns? The wife wants to try out a couple different guns so she has a better idea of what to buy for carry.
Lots of rental guns available, Although it may be a little busy tomorrow you should be able to get on a lane and $12 gets the use of as many guns as you want to try.

just_a_car

imported post

Yeah, I rented guns at Sam's to decide on what kind of .40S&W handgun I wanted as a carry gun.

Originally I was set on a Sig 226 Elite Compact and was able to try the Sig 226 they had, but after trying a bunch of different handguns, I foundthat I not only shot best with the GLOCK 27, but had the best natural point of aim for me. That's now what I carry.

I'm really glad we have a place like Sam's where we can rent a whole lot of different guns in different calibers to decide on a handgun that we will be carrying for self-defense.

Misguided Child

imported post

And of course with the lunch group there she will have several other choices to pick from. I would happily loan her either of my .40's.

And I suspect there will be no shortage of opinions as to which gun is "best".

compmanio365

imported post

Had a great time guys, lunch was awesome, and while the range time afterwards was...pricey, the wife found a gun she liked enough to consider buying.

Uploaded the pictures I took, and I will send links on request to those people I know, to make sure people here are not exposed online without consent; I know some people have a problem with that.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Great lunch! I'm glad we had a good turn out and had some fun shooting as well. In fact I think the couple beside our lane will now get her a gun after she got to shoot the .22 I brought. A good day.

just_a_car

imported post

It was an outstanding lunch and after-shoot. I was surprised and pleased with how many people showed up. The waitress told me we had 14 people there.

I feel blessed to know all the people here that make this forum great (specifically WA forum).

Comp, I'd like to get the link to the pics and see my "halo" in full-size glory. *chuckle*

ScorpioMk

imported post

Good to meet all that came, Ill take a link to the pics taken. Im pretty sure my friend that came with me is gonna pick up a M&P .40 now that he checked a few different guns out at Sam's.

Marcus

Agent 47

imported post

A sheriff's deputy spent a good part of the day at Sams on Sunday in response to a tip off that a bunch of gun wielding maniacs were going to be invading the Roadhouse restaurant. He was pissed when he found out it was just a group of law abiding citizens going out for lunch. So way to go, whoever called the cops to warn them, now they all know how much of an idiot you are,, congratulations, your stupidity has helped make us look good and waisted the departments time. I would expect judging by the deputy's comments about you they will be using a few more recourses to track you down and prosecute you for filing a false police report.

compmanio365

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
A sheriff's deputy spent a good part of the day at Sams on Sunday in response to a tip off that a bunch of gun wielding maniacs were going to be invading the Roadhouse restaurant. He was pissed when he found out it was just a group of law abiding citizens going out for lunch. So way to go, whoever called the cops to warn them, now they all know how much of an idiot you are,, congratulations, your stupidity has helped make us look good and waisted the departments time. I would expect judging by the deputy's comments about you they will be using a few more recourses to track you down and prosecute you for filing a false police report.

Are you being serious? Was it a tip called in before hand or did someone call during the time we were there? Some of those people were giving us the stinkeye pretty good, but I never saw a cruiser or anything, and I went outside several times while I was there.........good that they did the proper thing by investigating before rushing in with the SWAT team...... :?