• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dr. Paul on headline news

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

+1 CNN, Glenn Beck, and Dr. Paul!

If you hurry, you can probably still catch it, but Beck is throwing some good questions at Dr. Paul, and he's throwing back some GREAT responses!. Maybe America isn't lost after all!

sjhipple

imported post

The best....the BEST... interview yet. Ron Paul was able to answer the conspiracy theory stuff and explain his policies in detail. Awesome!!

It'll be on youtube soon, and I'm sure someone will post it here.

TrueBrit

imported post

Finally! Dr. Paul is getting the recognition that he deserves! A politician with integrity, and who seeks to abide by the Constitution is as rare as rocking horse shit nowadays!

TrueBrit.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I should have posted a thread like this earlier in the day so folks had a better heads up, but hopefully if you wanted to see it, you were able to catch it. Go to http://www.glennbeck.comto see the complete interview.

I thought Glenn did an excellent job with the interview. My wife and I both thought he looked a little on edge, but he was asking good, sincere, honest questions. I think the reason he might have been tense if because of a small group of "Ron Paul Supporters" who are anything but that. Calling for Glenn's death because he is a "traitor" and threatening Glenn's family is unbelievably wrong. It's sad to see a small group use Dr. Paul's name for a message of hate and cruelty that Dr. Paul does not endorse or support.

I thought Dr Paul did a great job of answering the questions. It seemed like RP's best interview yet.

But of course, bloggers are claiming Beck was trying to smear RP. It's frustrating to see people, who are supposedly on our side, attacking and twisting an interview that I believe will do alot of good for RP.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I'm not sure what's wrong; I just was able to use both.

Jersey Ron

imported post

And some people on OpenCarry.org call this guy a nut!?!?!?!?! I won't mention any names because you know who you are. Don't make me copy and paste our private e-mails!!!!!!:cool:

Ron Paul is just touching the tip of the iceberg!!!!

Jersey

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Somewhat off topic, but this is the most current RP thread, so...

I just received my copy of this month's American Rifleman. (NRA magazine) On page 72, there is an articleabout the "NRA Celebration of American Values". Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, and Tom Tancredo all spoke, or gave taped messages. I was honestly surprised that RP was excluded. Does anyone know if he was not invited, or if he just declined to speak? He is probably the strongest pro 2nd amendment candidate, but it seems he got the cold shoulder. Can anyone get me up to speed on this?

Jersey Ron

imported post

I would BET that he was not invited. The "mainstream" media has done EVERYTHING in it's power to keep this guy quiet. I can't say for certainty that he wasn't invited but chances are that he wasn't.

Jersey

compmanio365

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Somewhat off topic, but this is the most current RP thread, so...

I just received my copy of this month's American Rifleman. (NRA magazine) On page 72, there is an articleabout the "NRA Celebration of American Values". Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, and Tom Tancredo all spoke, or gave taped messages. I was honestly surprised that RP was excluded. Does anyone know if he was not invited, or if he just declined to speak? He is probably the strongest pro 2nd amendment candidate, but it seems he got the cold shoulder. Can anyone get me up to speed on this?

I guarantee you the exclusion is deliberate, just like the exclusion largely from the MSM. The NRA is a self serving business organization. Ron Paul would eliminate most of the threat to the 2nd Amendment throughout his presidency, as he has stated, therefore making the NRA unnecessary and defunct. People would lose jobs, people would lose MONEY due to this.....the NRA does not want that. If they truly secured our 2nd Amendment rights, they would be out of business. Simple as that.

Ron Paul is causing many people in high places no end of headaches, so they will do what they can, controlling the media as much as possible to keep his name out of thenews and visible areasso people do not have the ability to find out about what he stands for and what he will do for this country. It will bring the people back into their rightful place and "dethrone" much of our corrupt, standing positions of power.

Good news for us? No matter what they do, these people who will control TV, newspapers, etc, CANNOT control the Internet. This is why he has such a huge following on the web, because he cannot be silenced there. Now that he is earning enough money, he has enough pull to compete with other big names to get his name out there on the media, to pull in older people who do not use the Internet, and get them interested in his campaign and his ideals. Those of us on the Internet are providing what is needed for the push through the boundaries of the Internet and out onto TV, radio, news, etc, through our donations and word of mouth.

If Ron Paul had tried to run even 5 years ago, he never could have done this, because there would not have been an uncensored medium he could have used to spread his campaign message, and those people already in power would NOT have allowed him to do what he is doing now. This isa BIG thorn in other candidates' sides, whether they show it or not.

Anyways, that's my take; for right or wrong, it's how I see the current situation with Ron Paul and the race for '08.

GO RON PAUL! :celebrate:monkey

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I just answered my own question. I called the NRA, and I was told RP was invited, but his campaign never responded. Invitations were mailed, and candidates were called, but RP apparently did not want to attend. I don't understand why he would do that, but who knows...

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

6 months ago, I wouldn't even listen to what RP was saying.... Today, I'm quickly becoming a big fan of his. The guy makes a lot of sense.

Jersey Ron

imported post

now just imigane how many millions of other people like you, whoare stilltrapped in the "Matrix". over the past 4 or 5 years i've come to realize that almost EVERYTHING is a big lie! i don't think he will win but i'm praying that he "wakes up" as many people as possible, ESPECIALLY when it comes down to our gun rights. when you actually listen and STUDY what this guy is saying, then he doesn't sound like a tin-foil hat recruit like SOME people HERE want us to believe.

jersey

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Notso wrote:
6 months ago, I wouldn't even listen to what RP was saying.... Today, I'm quickly becoming a big fan of his. The guy makes a lot of sense.
I would not be surprised if there are going to be some more people, just like you, who watched that interview last night, and have changed their opinion of RP and will become supporters.

BIG SHAFE

imported post

dngreer wrote:
I just answered my own question. I called the NRA, and I was told RP was invited, but his campaign never responded. Invitations were mailed, and candidates were called, but RP apparently did not want to attend. I don't understand why he would do that, but who knows...
I thought I remember reading that he had a scheduling conflict a ways back, not positive.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:
\i don't think he will win but i'm praying that he "wakes up" as many people as possible, ESPECIALLY when it comes down to our gun rights. when you actually listen and STUDY what this guy is saying, then he doesn't sound like a tin-foil hat recruit like SOME people HERE want us to believe.

I agree 100%. I don't think Dr. Paul is going to get the nomination, but he has definitely opened my eyes. Perhaps another, more mainstream candidate might be a little better for us to hope for. Mike Huckabee anyone? As far as I can tell, this guy is the real deal as well. Not nearly as "constitutionalist" or libertarian as I would like, but he resonates well with my conservative roots, and according to CCN, he's only a few points behind Juliani, who has really been slipping in the last few months. My prediction: Mike Huckabee takes Iowa and wins the nomination. Maybe Dr. Paul can get his message out more, and bring in some more voters, but if not, I'm down with Mike Huckabee for Pres.

Mike Huckabee doesn't seem to want our guns either, so that is a definite +100000000.