• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No guns? No funds!" campaign against GMU and other anti-gun universites

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks, several GMU alumni have told me they are refusing to give anymore to GMU, which, despite its namesake, lobby actively against self-defense rights.

I suggest everyone across the Unites States respond to requests for alumni or other giving from anti-gun colleges by simply returning the correspondece without doantion wirting in bold red ink on the solititation, "No guns? No Funds!"

vtme_grad98

imported post

The last time I got a phone call from Va Tech asking for donations (about 3 or 4 years ago), I told them I will never donate to them until they stop banning firearm possession by students and faculty. I've never gotten a phone call from them since. I just wish I hadn't been proven right after the fact.

TEX1N

imported post

Mike wrote:
Folks, several GMU alumni have told me they are refusing to give anymore to GMU, which, despite its namesake, lobby actively against self-defense rights.

I suggest everyone across the Unites States respond to requests for alumni or other giving from anti-gun colleges by simply returning the correspondece without doantion wirting in bold red ink on the solititation, "No guns? No Funds!"
I agree. Let Mason know what you think about their anti-gun policies. Here is their "donations contact us" website:

http://supportingmason.gmu.edu/request.html

Here is a list of the GMU Administration. And here is the searchable staff/faculity directory.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason

Lthrnck

imported post

Tex,

The quote you posted from George Mason... is that the same George Mason who the university was founded. I'm from Ohio so I'm not famaliar with that area.

If it is the same George, I'll bet he is rolling over in his grave to see what they have done to his name.

TEX1N

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
Tex,

The quote you posted from George Mason... is that the same George Mason who the university was founded. I'm from Ohio so I'm not famaliar with that area.

If it is the same George, I'll bet he is rolling over in his grave to see what they have done to his name.
Yes, George Mason is definitely rolling in his grave...the university is named after him. Mason didn't found the school, as he lived in the 18th Century and GMU got it's name in 1972.

The ironic thing is that Mason (the man) is known for his STRONG support for the Bill of Rights, something the university uses as a recruiting point, but could careless when it comes to creating its own policy.

This is from GMU's website "George Mason The Man" (emphasis added)

George Mason The Man

George Mason, for whom our university is named, was one of the greatest of the founding fathers of the United States, yet he is among the least known. Mason drafted the Virginia Declaration of Rights. The declaration later was a model for the first 10 amendments to the U.S. Constitution, known as the Bill of Rights.

Perhaps the most well-known landmark on the Fairfax Campus, the George Mason Bronze is located between the Johnson Center and the Performing Arts Building. It was created by internationally known artist Wendy M. Ross and is the first three-dimensional portrait of George Mason in the United States.

Seven feet tall, the statue portrays the great statesman presenting his handwritten first draft of the Virginia Declaration of Rights. The writing table on Mason’s right replicates the original, which can be found in the study at Gunston Hall, his home in Fairfax County, Virginia. The three books on the table—works by Hume, Locke, and Rousseau—depict the sources of his thoughts on individual liberty.

The statue serves as a constant reminder of the ideals most important to both the man and the university: freedom and learning.
Ironically the Virginia Deceleration of Rights is plaster across the university.

George Mason dedicated his life to securing the individual liberties of the people, in an attempt to prevent the rise of a tyrannical government. Sadly, GMU - a state funded school; i.e. government agency - has become that tyrant!

Attachments

• img09bb.jpg
    img09bb.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 479

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Who are these ltitle tyrants directing GMU? Has anyone done some investigating of them? They appear to be a close knit circle of fomer military has beens who now run a huge state enterprize to the detriment of our liberty.

CPerdue

imported post

Well, I used a black sharpie on the last missive from VT but, 'Not a dime while I am disarmed!' seemed to get the point across.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have emailed my Delegate, asking him where GMU gets off by forbidding carry of firearms by law abiding citizens. Also, to do something about all Virginia universities and colleges prohibiting students,staff, and faculty forbiding to lawfully carry weapons of self protection.

Contact your Delegates and State Senators about this. Let THEM know how you feel.

When I get a response from him, I'll let you guys know what he said.

Repeater

imported post

Mike wrote:

I like your idea.

William & Mary alumni pressured Left-Wing and former Florida ACLU chapter President Gene Nichol to back down from banning the Wren Cross.

Perhaps this web site can spawn some ideas:

http://www.savethewrencross.org/

Upset About Cross's Removal, William and Mary Alumni Mount Online Protest

In the face of continuing protests by students, alumni and the public, Nichol reversed course last week, saying the cross will now be displayed on Sundays. He also said the school will put up a plaque noting the chapel's origin as an Anglican place of worship.

cmbf117

imported post

As a current VT student (one semester left) I was appalled to learn of the university's "Gun Free Zone" policy during my freshman year. I've had a few interesting conversations with the university's police force (a full, official, accredited force) since then about it, especially during the semester where I attended their student "academy." Got to fire their G22s and fully auto MP5s, there, too. :cool:

The final straw was, of course, the massacre in April. Luckily I was in my apartment and not on campus at the time, but I know one of the victims. It's ludicrous to believe that simply labeling somewhere "Gun Free" will do anything besides disarm law-abiding citizens. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to other..."less informed" students that a law is not some magical forcefield that causes criminals to stop in their tracks, as Cho so maliciously demonstrated. Even after the massacre you still encounter students who are rabid antis. It blows the mind!

I recently bought myself a new G19 for Christmas and fully intend on OCing in and around the town. I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn't a gun owner when some of the students organized a protest of sorts where they wore empty holsters for a period of time (maybe a day, a week, I don't remember). In fact, I always thought it'd be fun to print up a bunch of copies of VA CC/OC laws and/or the 2nd amendment in the shape of guns on bright paper and wear them in a holster, passing them out to anyone that inquired as to what they were. :)

Lastly, looks like a fine board. I'm a new member over at GlockTalk, and have been continually impressed by the caliber (tee hee) of people I've found in both places. A lot of eloquent, well-spoken, logical, and intelligent people. Won't find that in a lot of other forums!

cmbf117

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
A lot of eloquent, well-spoken, logical, and intelligent people. Won't find that in a lot of other forums!
Hang around awhile and that opinion might change.:lol:
:lol:Well, maybe...there are always a few I guess...but as a moderator for a computer enthusiast forum I can tell you this place is paradise in the grammar, intelligence, and maturity departments compared to that place! :shock: