• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If it's what you believe

harperdarwin2007

imported post

I've read a lot on this site and Ihave seenthat you all feel strongly abouth this, My question is as follows... when are we going to just do it. Why don't we all just start carying openly on a daily basis? It's our right. I just came back from 3 years in AZ and carried openly every day there and it was common, it's strange to me that I don't see everyone carrying here. It seems like everone ishe told methat "open carry is kind of a grey area." There's nothing grey about it, these are our rights and we need to start sticking up for them before they dissapear too. Ok, that's my little rant, Merry Christmas everyone :)

Marco

imported post

I live in VA not WI and have been OC'ing on a daily basis since 2005.
Maybe if you start others will follow.

Good Luck on your journey.

rugrat

imported post

Ive been told by a oshkosh officer that you could OC. "You can walk down the middle of the street with a shotgun as long as I can see it." The officer that told me that was looking for a girl carrying a shotgun looking for her boyfriend. The boyfriend was a barfly that came to the bar I bounced in. She did not get a ticket for it just disorderly because she does have a foul mouth. Hell they got married 2 months later gofigure!

He also told me you CAN NOT carry in a place that servesalcohol,school zones,state buildings,banks or credit unions, or federal buildings(post offices)

But trust is not there when they take my 18in bowie and call it a machete!( Thats $175.95 ) 4in is max on the hip incased.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

rugrat wrote:
Ive been told by a oshkosh officer that you could OC. "You can walk down the middle of the street with a shotgun as long as I can see it." The officer that told me that was looking for a girl carrying a shotgun looking for her boyfriend. The boyfriend was a barfly that came to the bar I bounced in. She did not get a ticket for it just disorderly because she does have a foul mouth. Hell they got married 2 months later gofigure!

He also told me you CAN NOT carry in a place that servesalcohol,school zones,state buildings,banks or credit unions, or federal buildings(post offices)

But trust is not there when they take my 18in bowie and call it a machete!( Thats $175.95 ) 4in is max on the hip incased.

The Oshkosh officer almost had it right. There's no prohibition in banks and credit unions. State buildings, he's correct, but should also include other government buildings, e.g., municipal, county... etc.

As far as your knife goes, there's no state law regarding what you can carry-- well, except for switchblades-- but many municipalities have laws regarding blade length and such. Unfortunately there is no state preemption regarding knife ordinances, so you have to know the local laws regarding knives. Eventually I would like to see a constitutional challenge to such ordinances because a right to bear arms is not limited to firearms.

rugrat

imported post

Kicker was I wasnt carring it . It was in my car. When he asked if he could search my car I told him NO about 10 times. He did anyway. I told him it was in there because thats what I was told by other officers to do. I checked argued and followed up on getting it back. It cost my $175.95 and they kept it. All because I had a car the was labled a gangbanger car. (1980 black monty)

pkbites

imported post

rugrat wrote:
Kicker was I wasnt carring it .

It cost my $175.95 and they kept it. All because I had a car the was labled a gangbanger car. (1980 black monty)
:question:

What, exactly were you charged with?