• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Workers fight back against robber

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Workers Fight Back Against Robber

Dec 19 2007 9:14AM
News_JointRobbery_160.jpg

COLUMBUS, Ohio- Police arrested a man who attempted to rob a business near the Ohio State University campus Tuesday night.

Shortly before midnight, the armed man entered The Joint, located at 1182 North High Street, 10TV News reported.

SLIDESHOW: Images From Scene
The man showed a handgun and demanded money, police said. Employees inside the store attempted to fight off the robber, but he got some DVDs and cash before fleeing the store on foot.

The store manager followed the man as he ran from the business, 10TV News reported.

"I went for the gun and Kelly went for his body," said store manager Terry Young. "We got the gun away from him and with the aid of a good Samaritan we were able to pin him down."

"He did have a gun, but I don't care, my car had just got broken into," said Kyle Robinson, who helped capture the robber. "I know these guys that work with the store so that was the last of my thoughts. I just tackled him and held him down to the ground."

There was no word on what charges the man would face.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for more information.

Reported by Tino Ramos

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200712/1322954645.html

I'm glad that they were able to get the gun away from the criminal, but it would be a horrible position to be in for your only option to be to run at the guy and try to tackle him, even though he has a gun. I would much rather have something better, like...say a firearm... that I would be able to use to defend myself than how fast I can run, or how hard I can tackle.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Police: Man Robbed Near Ohio State Campus

Dec 19 2007 7:50AM
News_CampusAreaRobbery_160.jpg

COLUMBUS, Ohio- Police questioned two men Wednesday morning after an armed robbery was reported near the Ohio State University campus.

At about 1 a.m., police said at least two men forced the victim to the ground near College Drive and West 10th Avenue, 10TV News reported.

The victim's wallet was stolen, along with a few other items, police said.

No suspects have been named in the case.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for more information.

I wonder if these two stories are tied together.

cilcannonvryce

imported post

Criminals are always doing stupid sh$t, I am glad this one's idea got capsized. My question is would he have even bothered trying to rob the place if he seen people O/C'ing in there?