• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia AG to Ask High Court Rule on Right to Own Guns

apjonas

imported post

The headline is a little misleading. SCOTUS has already agreed to hear the case. Virginia is seeking to file a brief in the case.

markand

imported post

apjonas wrote:
The headline is a little misleading. SCOTUS has already agreed to hear the case. Virginia is seeking to file a brief in the case.
I posted this only for the information contained in the article, and merely used the subject heading from the article itself. That said, I agree that it's very poor English grammar syntax on the part of The Roanoke Times journalist [or editor]. More correctly, the headline should have said something like "Virginia AG to File Brief with High Court in Favor of 2nd Amendment Rights."

Again...this came from The Roanoke Times, y'all -- a newspaper not exactly friendly towards Virginia gun owners and/or concealed carry permit holders. So, doesn't it figure that they would publish a wrong/misleading headline?