Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boise Area Lunch or Dinner Meetup

Post imported post

Hi guys,

Thought I'd start a thread wherein we can all decide when and where would be a good place to meet up for a lunch or dinner in the Boise area. Hopefully we can make it a regular thing.

I'll be in Virginia for two weeks over the holidays, so I propose that we meet up during the second week in January. I liked the Rocky Mountain Pizza Company on State, but y'all should post your preferences and availabilities here.

Lemme know what you think!

Post imported post

I am definately interested in trying to make some type of OC lunch/dinner. I will be in Florida from the 5th - the 19th of January but anytime after that I would love to be involved. Just let me know when and where and I will be there

Post imported post

Sounds like a plan to me, and any place on State St. works for me. I'm also interested in finding some people to go shoot with...maybe a dinner/shoot out?

Post imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
    Sounds like a plan to me, and any place on State St. works for me. I'm also interested in finding some people to go shoot with...maybe a dinner/shoot out?
    Sounds fun, but I doubt the other patrons would like it!

Post imported post

We could have the "shoot out" then the dinner....loser buys...

Post imported post

Glad to see others trying get togethers. Here in utah we have had 2 so far, and a 3rd comming up. First time we had like 12 people, 2nd time we had 30+. Invite the local media and get the word out there that OC is here to stay

:celebrate

Post imported post

I recently read about an OC group in Utah in my local newspaper (Idaho Statesman). It portrayed you guys in a rather positive light. I'll have to see if I can't look that up.

Post imported post

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...220748,00.html

OK, maybe that was one of the national papers I read it in...couldn't quite find the article but here is another describing the same thing.

Post imported post

that is one of them. we have spawned about 9 articles some making it to the NRA webpage, radio, and tv news

Post imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
    We could have the "shoot out" then the dinner....loser buys...
    As long as the winner applies first aid... :P

Okay, since Saint'll be out of town until the 19th, then how about maybe Sunday the 20th?

And... lessee... I don't know the name of that range outside of Boise, past the Nat'l Guard base.... is that range open during winter as well? I've only been shooting out there once since I moved to Boise. If I need to become a member of a club or other indoor range, I can do that too.

So -- pistols and pizza on that Sunday?

State Researcher

Post imported post

As far as I know, Sunday the 20th of January sounds great.
    Black's Creek shooting range (the one you referenced) really is almost never open to the public... I just preffer to go south of the National guard and prison area, and shoot out there. I can bring a lot of boxes to set up targets on. I do attend Sunday church service, so shooting at like 1pm? Then dinner around when it gets dark (5ish)?

Post imported post

I also have service in the morning and will have to ask for the rest of the day off work. Let me know for sure when we've set a time so I can ask early.

Post imported post

I'm interested in attending as well, just let me know when and where, My schedule is open since I'm the boss.

Post imported post

I'm in.

Will be at church with Idaho Corsair so the same time frame as he suggested would be good with me.

Post imported post

So, this sounds good!

Sunday, 20 January 2008 at 1pm, then dinner afterward around fiveish.

Hey Corsair, is the area you're thinking of easy to get to? Should we all set up a meeting place in town first? I'm willing to give a ride if my car is working then (it should be).

State Researcher

Post imported post

The area I'm thinking of is just south of Gowen Field about 15 mintues. You take the orchard exit south, around the airport and take that road (forgot the name) south past the prisons and birds of prey area... total from freeway is maybe 15 mintues, maybe 20. Lots of open rolling "hills" with sagebrush on them. Pick a safe direction to shoot and set up targets. Then, let the fun begin!

Post imported post

Ok, I'll ask for that day off when I go into work tomorrow. My roommate said he might also like to attend. He's still not sure where he sits on wanting to carry/open carry but he's enjoyed going out shooting with me. Anyone mind sharing their guns when we shoot so he can get the feel for other things? I carry a snub nose revolver so needless to say he's not getting the best first shooting experience!

Post imported post

If you all want to, I have two 55 gallon plastic barrels that can be used for simulate cover to shoot from behind that I can bring with me.

I'll also be bringing my AR and possible my AK if I feel like it.

Post imported post

Hello all, sorry to barge in here, being an Alaskan and all, but I was Just wondering, do y'all OC at church??

Thanks,

Jon

Post imported post

Personally I don't. While I've never tested people's reactions or feelings on the matter at my church, I don't think church is the place for me to be OCing JUST for the sake of making a political statement, which is all it would be in my case.
    On the other hand, many of us go out to eat afterwards or other activities together and I wouldn't mind OCing in that situation though I never have.

Post imported post

For me personally, I don't OC at church simply because I don't want to cause a distraction or offend any one there. The focus at church should be on God and not on political debates. However, I do CC at church on a regular basis as I am not about to give up my protection regardless of where I am.:P

Post imported post

I only OC at church, if I forgot to grab a cover garment of sorts. Church is not the place to make a political statement, but I have forgotten that I was wearing my Ron Paul pin on a shirt once....

Post imported post

In response to Saint, saying you'd never give up your protection reguardless of where you are: I completely agree and feel "naked" if I don't have my weapon on me at all times. My roommate thinks its funny that I grab to let the dog out. It got me to thinking...how far is too far? How far is one willing to go to be sure they are protected. Grey areas of the law? Outright breaking the law to carry? How bout while traveling throuigh states that may not honor your permit or open carry? Obviously there are some places we MUST disarm (such as when going through security check points at airports) or risk harsh penalties. We can also choose not to go to these places most of the time. So if one is willing to break the law in these areas, what keeps you from breaking other laws just simply because you feel like it, or does anything keep you from that? Any thoughts are welcome....

Post imported post

In response to Saint, saying you'd never give up your protection reguardless of where you are: I completely agree and feel "naked" if I don't have my weapon on me at all times. My roommate thinks its funny that I grab to let the dog out. It got me to thinking...how far is too far? How far is one willing to go to be sure they are protected. Grey areas of the law? Outright breaking the law to carry? How bout while traveling throuigh states that may not honor your permit or open carry? Obviously there are some places we MUST disarm (such as when going through security check points at airports) or risk harsh penalties. We can also choose not to go to these places most of the time. So if one is willing to break the law in these areas, what keeps you from breaking other laws just simply because you feel like it, or does anything keep you from that? Any thoughts are welcome....

Post imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
    A very good question, and one that I'm having to deal with, as I don't really prefer to OC at church, but am under age to CC. On top of that we have several LEO's that attend there.

Personally, I'd prefer to stay inside the law as much as possible. If Iam in one of the bad neighborhoods around town, I'll almost always be carrying. I don't pack when I let the dog out, but then again when I move up north next summer I certainly intend to. Parents have alot of say when you live with them. hehe

I believe one should carry at all times, or as close as they can get to it, bending the regulations one way or the other....well that goes back to the whole 'better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6' mentality.

good question.

Jon

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast