• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise Area Lunch or Dinner Meetup

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Hi guys,

Thought I'd start a thread wherein we can all decide when and where would be a good place to meet up for a lunch or dinner in the Boise area. Hopefully we can make it a regular thing.

I'll be in Virginia for two weeks over the holidays, so I propose that we meet up during the second week in January. I liked the Rocky Mountain Pizza Company on State, but y'all should post your preferences and availabilities here.

Lemme know what you think!

Saint

imported post

I am definately interested in trying to make some type of OC lunch/dinner. I will be in Florida from the 5th - the 19th of January but anytime after that I would love to be involved. Just let me know when and where and I will be there

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Sounds like a plan to me, and any place on State St. works for me. I'm also interested in finding some people to go shoot with...maybe a dinner/shoot out? :)

JB

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Sounds like a plan to me, and any place on State St. works for me. I'm also interested in finding some people to go shoot with...maybe a dinner/shoot out? :)
Sounds fun, but I doubt the other patrons would like it!:)

xmirage2kx

imported post

Glad to see others trying get togethers. Here in utah we have had 2 so far, and a 3rd comming up. First time we had like 12 people, 2nd time we had 30+. Invite the local media and get the word out there that OC is here to stay

:celebrate

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I recently read about an OC group in Utah in my local newspaper (Idaho Statesman). It portrayed you guys in a rather positive light. I'll have to see if I can't look that up.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
We could have the "shoot out" then the dinner....loser buys...

As long as the winner applies first aid... :p

Okay, since Saint'll be out of town until the 19th, then how about maybe Sunday the 20th?

And... lessee... I don't know the name of that range outside of Boise, past the Nat'l Guard base.... is that range open during winter as well? I've only been shooting out there once since I moved to Boise. If I need to become a member of a club or other indoor range, I can do that too.

So -- pistols and pizza on that Sunday?

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

As far as I know, Sunday the 20th of January sounds great.
Black's Creek shooting range (the one you referenced) really is almost never open to the public... I just preffer to go south of the National guard and prison area, and shoot out there. I can bring a lot of boxes to set up targets on. I do attend Sunday church service, so shooting at like 1pm? Then dinner around when it gets dark (5ish)?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I also have service in the morning and will have to ask for the rest of the day off work. Let me know for sure when we've set a time so I can ask early.

imported post

I'm interested in attending as well, just let me know when and where, My schedule is open since I'm the boss.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

So, this sounds good!

Sunday, 20 January 2008 at 1pm, then dinner afterward around fiveish.

Hey Corsair, is the area you're thinking of easy to get to? Should we all set up a meeting place in town first? I'm willing to give a ride if my car is working then (it should be).

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

The area I'm thinking of is just south of Gowen Field about 15 mintues. You take the orchard exit south, around the airport and take that road (forgot the name) south past the prisons and birds of prey area... total from freeway is maybe 15 mintues, maybe 20. Lots of open rolling "hills" with sagebrush on them. Pick a safe direction to shoot and set up targets. Then, let the fun begin!

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Ok, I'll ask for that day off when I go into work tomorrow. My roommate said he might also like to attend. He's still not sure where he sits on wanting to carry/open carry but he's enjoyed going out shooting with me. Anyone mind sharing their guns when we shoot so he can get the feel for other things? I carry a snub nose revolver so needless to say he's not getting the best first shooting experience!

bourneshooter

imported post

If you all want to, I have two 55 gallon plastic barrels that can be used for simulate cover to shoot from behind that I can bring with me.

I'll also be bringing my AR and possible my AK if I feel like it.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Personally I don't. While I've never tested people's reactions or feelings on the matter at my church, I don't think church is the place for me to be OCing JUST for the sake of making a political statement, which is all it would be in my case.
On the other hand, many of us go out to eat afterwards or other activities together and I wouldn't mind OCing in that situation though I never have.