• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise Area Lunch or Dinner Meetup

Saint

imported post

For me personally, I don't OC at church simply because I don't want to cause a distraction or offend any one there. The focus at church should be on God and not on political debates. However, I do CC at church on a regular basis as I am not about to give up my protection regardless of where I am.:p

bourneshooter

imported post

I only OC at church, if I forgot to grab a cover garment of sorts. Church is not the place to make a political statement, but I have forgotten that I was wearing my Ron Paul pin on a shirt once....

IndianaBoy79

imported post

In response to Saint, saying you'd never give up your protection reguardless of where you are: I completely agree and feel "naked" if I don't have my weapon on me at all times. My roommate thinks its funny that I grab to let the dog out. It got me to thinking...how far is too far? How far is one willing to go to be sure they are protected. Grey areas of the law? Outright breaking the law to carry? How bout while traveling throuigh states that may not honor your permit or open carry? Obviously there are some places we MUST disarm (such as when going through security check points at airports) or risk harsh penalties. We can also choose not to go to these places most of the time. So if one is willing to break the law in these areas, what keeps you from breaking other laws just simply because you feel like it, or does anything keep you from that? Any thoughts are welcome....

IndianaBoy79

imported post

In response to Saint, saying you'd never give up your protection reguardless of where you are: I completely agree and feel "naked" if I don't have my weapon on me at all times. My roommate thinks its funny that I grab to let the dog out. It got me to thinking...how far is too far? How far is one willing to go to be sure they are protected. Grey areas of the law? Outright breaking the law to carry? How bout while traveling throuigh states that may not honor your permit or open carry? Obviously there are some places we MUST disarm (such as when going through security check points at airports) or risk harsh penalties. We can also choose not to go to these places most of the time. So if one is willing to break the law in these areas, what keeps you from breaking other laws just simply because you feel like it, or does anything keep you from that? Any thoughts are welcome....

akhunter3

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:

A very good question, and one that I'm having to deal with, as I don't really prefer to OC at church, but am under age to CC. On top of that we have several LEO's that attend there.

Personally, I'd prefer to stay inside the law as much as possible. If Iam in one of the bad neighborhoods around town, I'll almost always be carrying. I don't pack when I let the dog out, but then again when I move up north next summer I certainly intend to. Parents have alot of say when you live with them. hehe

I believe one should carry at all times, or as close as they can get to it, bending the regulations one way or the other....well that goes back to the whole 'better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6' mentality.

good question.

Jon

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I really wish I could...generally work the 2-10pm shift though and never know what days I'll have off. i think monthly may be more practical for some of us but don't let that stop you from getting together with those who can!

imported post

doesn't matter to me, I am free anytime or any day, butI suspect some may have work obligations. so pick a place and time, and I can be there.

Saint

imported post

I will try to make a weekly lunch. Can't promise i'll always be there (school and work) but I'll come whenever possible

bourneshooter

imported post

1st. If we did the weekly lunch on the weekend, then I could attend. My work is Mon-Fri from 0600 to 1500 or so.

2nd. Were still on for the 20th I assume. So how about we plan on doing some "tactical" type shooting. Meaning scenario shoots. I have 2 55gallon plastic drums that I could bring to help with the scenario building. For those that haven't ever seen pictures from or attended a IDPA style match, they work great for a cover simulation as if you AD/ND into it, its just plastic.

Hope you all have a merry CHRISTmas! :D

(I should be getting the shipping notice on my VLTOR VIS anyday now!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate)

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Yup. We are still on for

Sunday, January 20th around 1pm at the location discussed above. I'm still willing to meet up with someone beforehand to drive out there together.

A tactical type shooting thingy sounds really cool to me. I've never done anything like it. I'm still sorta stiff and slow, but I'm thinking it'll still be fun.

bourneshooter

imported post

If we get a rally point on a highway, I can help provide transportation with my 4WD to those with 2WD.

4WD = :celebrate

2WD =:cuss:

I'll try to get with Idaho Corsair and some others to get some target/scenarios set up.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Work hasn't approved my request for the day off yet, but I'm pretty sure I've got it. 4wd important, huh? I'll definetly need some help then! Merry Christmas everyone!

silver nekode

imported post

I'm in if we stick with the 20th. I should be done with my extra weekend shifts by then, if not I might be able to get the other supervisor to pick one up for me. How important is 4WD? I take my car places people think is crazy, but if it gets that bad out there I can take my truck, and it has back seat to so I can help with transportation.

If people are planning on bringing more than just pistols I'll bring my AR as well, at least I'll have one decent firearm there:) looks like around tax refund time I have a buddy that's gonna sell me an XD9 so I can quit carrying the trash I have now.

bourneshooter

imported post

Silver, I've never actually been to this location, but Means that this is Idaho and it is winter, at the least, there will be mud. So 4WD is probably going to make things easy for one. If need be, I can always just help haul people up from a regular road or whatever.

Bring the AR's, AK's, XCR's, Etc with you all!

bourneshooter

imported post

Just bought my ammom for the day at Sportsmans in Nampa.

Hope you all are still game for it.

Am working on something regarding the targets and some "scenario shooting."

Bring the AR's, AK's, SKS', etc. in the family guys!

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Okay, with all the talk about 4-wheelin' it, I've only got a 2wd station wagon, so I guess I'll be needing a ride from someone. I'll be planning on bringing a few pistols and maybe an SKS and/or other rifles, depending on which ones my brother in law will lend me and how much ammo is...

As far as a weekly thing, I'm still up for something. I won't know for sure what my schedule is until after the second week of January. I'll keep everyone posted here in this thread.

Be seeing everyone soon!