• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight

kurtmax_0

imported post

Did you see the picture in the news article??!!

Definitely guilty of redneckism! ;)

(I'm a yankee, so I'm allowed to use the term 'redneck' with no basis whatsoever)

On a side note: What's the big deal with 'redneck'. Firearms enthusiasts use the term 'Bubba' all the time. Either in 'bubbaing' up a milsurp or to describe idiots at the range (or both at the same time :p).

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Again, I took offense at the generalization that was made with the use of the term. As stated before, the term doesn't necessarily bother me; it's when people use it to describe particularly vile individuals and create this stereotypical generalization that boils my blood.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't have a problem with the charge of murder in either case. It is simply a matter of making the person responsible for their full consequences of their actions, something criminals seem to not understand. They do not understand the aftermath of their actions, the grief, the pain, the anguish, the financial difficulty and the down right inconvenience their minor or major crimes cause the victims. And they do not seem to care either.

I'm really glad that Florida has a castle doctrine. The OP case is a prime example of why we need laws to clarify our right to defend ourselves outside our homes without fear of prosecution.

co556guy

imported post

You all think this crap is dumb, having to defend yourself because you "drive poorly"....I once almost had to stop a guy from proceeding towards me in an agressive manner, while holding his right hand behind his back indicating that he had some sort of weapon..............because I took a parking space that he thought he should have (but made no indication as to wanting). There was an empty space on my drivers side....but he thought it would be better to pull up behind me and cause trouble.
That single incident did more to convince my gf why I am armed than any speech that I had given her before.

Legba

imported post

I don't respond to "road rage" jerks at all. Someone yelled at me on the road once and actuallyfollowed me to a gas station stop. I got out of my car and they got quiet and left. I'm 6 feet tall, 200 pounds (not NFL big, perhaps, but enough that most sane and sober people won't pick a fight with me), had a fresh crew cut and a leather trench coat with sunglasses. I looked like some psychotic mafia assassin and they didn't press it. Mind you I was unarmed and out of shape, but looking the part can work wonders.

-ljp