• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul Supporters

JB

imported post

I was watching Hannity and Colmes and heard Alan Colmes talk about all of the anti-war Republicans backing Ron Paul. I was curious, how many of Paul's supporters on this forum consider themselves Republicans?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Life long republican here, voted for Bush, Dole, Bush twice. Proudly backing Ron Paul because I think hes closer to the party's ideals than anyone else.

VAopencarry

imported post

When I had to be 'registered' to a party it was Republican. I am not now registered to a party in VA. I have voted Libertarian before. I do not, nor will I ever in the future, consider myself a Republican. I now consider myself 'of libertarian mindset' or 'a believer in the Constitution'

Sitrep

imported post

I vote R about 70% of the time, when it is either R or D. Liberty is of great interest to me. Ron Paul sounds like the only presidential candidate out there that represents what America is suposed to be. The rest of them seem to want more big government.

Government is bad at running my personal life.
Government is bad at handling my money.

All I need from government is for them to arrange for infrastructure to be built and maintained, provide defence, and provide a legal framework. Beyond that I can live my life for myself.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

If more liberty minded people like us would join the GOP we could start changing this for the better at local levels. Then we could start at higher levels. It has to start some where.

jbowers24

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I am a libertarian, but registered Republican because I refuse to waste my primary vote with closed primaries... And a Ron Paul supporter, of course.
The same here. Its a sad state of affairs that the Neo conservatives spend more than a drunken democrat.I just want my liberty and uncle sams dick skinners out of my pockets. I expect very little in return.

Tomahawk

imported post

IN the past I generally leaned Republican, but I could never commit to call myself one. I made the mistake of voting Bush in 2000, it was a hold-your-nose-and-vote-against-Gore thing. After 911 and the ascendency of the Republican Police and War State, I vowed never again.

The only thing that can draw me back to voting for Republicans is a committment to following the Constitution, protecton of individual liberty, small government, and avoiding imperial-style foreign policy. So for me it's really Ron Paul or nobody.

cato

imported post

Always a registered constitutionalist Republican. Now a Ron Paul constitutionalist Republican! But I've never given $$$$ to or voted in a primary election before. Now I'm even canvasing for RP door to door!

MAY THE CONSTITUTION BE WITH YOU...

Attachments

• 06ron.jpg
    06ron.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 345

Thundar

imported post

JB wrote:
I was watching Hannity and Colmes and heard...
I'd rather go to the dentist than watch that.

I believe in Liberty. Most inboth parties are mortal enemies of liberty and do their best to extinguish our freedoms while buying us off with corrupt giveaways.

I often vote Republican in presidential races because of the greater likelihood that we will get more reasonable Supreme Court Nominees.

Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air. The Republicans have done more to harm him in both his presidential run and hiscongressional races than the Democrats. That should tell you something.

The really important thing aboutRon Paulis that he respects the limits of power that the constitution places upon him. Others in the presidential race will squander you rights because they think they are smarter than you and really know what is good for you, even if you don't like it. In short I think that the only candidate that can keep us from sliding into Nanny State Hell is Ron Paul.

I fought in this war, and in others before it. I am not anti-war. I am pro constitution.I think that we should insist that congress declare war before we embroil our nation in the affairs of others. I believe we should kill Al Quaeda without mercy every place that we find them. The Legislative Branch should give the Executive Branch a clear mandate to kick a$$ and take names. The men and women of our armed forces deserve nothing less from their elected representatives.

tarzan1888

imported post

cato wrote:
Always a registered constitutionalist Republican. Now a Ron Paul constitutionalist Republican! But I've never given $$$$ to or voted in a primary election before. Now I'm even canvasing for RP door to door!

Attachments

• beingsick.gif
    beingsick.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 291

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Card totin' member of the Libertarian party... my southern roots tend to lean me toward the republican vote though. Thank god for open primaries!!!

compmanio365

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
cato wrote:

What an intelligent, well thought out reply! Have anything useful to add to the discussion?

tarzan1888

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
cato wrote:

What an intelligent, well thought out reply! Have anything useful to add to the discussion?

No.

I disagree with Ron Paul on to many issues that are dear to my heart, and so I sort of lost it when I saw him compared to ObeWan.

I should know better than click on the Ron Paul threads.

Sorry to barf on your parade

Tarzan