• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flying from Tucson to SLC

PavePusher

imported post

I'm flying from Tucson to Salt Lake City this weekend. Does anyone know where theno-carry line startsat the Tucson airport? I looked over their website, but can't seem to find anything. Unless I am notified otherwise, or I see a sign posted, I am planning to unload the gun in the car, keeping mag and 2 spares in side pouch, andcase the gun either at the check-in counter or ina bathroom stalljust prior. Mags will then also go into the suitcase.

I know the regs at SLC airport (do they have the illegal signs down yet?), and plan to re-arm in the bathroom immediately after luggage claim.

Any suggestions? TIA!

P.S. Am cross-posting this to the Arizona section.

randyzon

imported post

I fly a lot. I mean a lot. I don't ever carry into an airport and pack it away before I even get there. One time forgetting to have it packed before getting to the counter and you will have more trouble than you can ever imagine from TSA.

The attention at any airport even in open carry states is not worth getting on the no fly list or the watch list or having an airline counter agent stop you from getting on your flight and you having to replan your trip for later connections. It will ruin your day quick. There are just too many gunphobics. While it is a right to open carry at times the attention is going to drive the phobics to get laws passed that make it hard to even conceal carry. Please consider packing it before you leave your car.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

PavePusher wrote:
I'm flying from Tucson to Salt Lake City this weekend. Does anyone know where theno-carry line startsat the Tucson airport? I looked over their website, but can't seem to find anything. Unless I am notified otherwise, or I see a sign posted, I am planning to unload the gun in the car, keeping mag and 2 spares in side pouch, andcase the gun either at the check-in counter or ina bathroom stalljust prior. Mags will then also go into the suitcase.

I know the regs at SLC airport (do they have the illegal signs down yet?), and plan to re-arm in the bathroom immediately after luggage claim.

Any suggestions? TIA!

P.S. Am cross-posting this to the Arizona section.
Can't say much about the Tucson airport, as I have never been there. As for the SLC airport, they have not yet removed the "illegal signs". Here is a pic of my wife and I Open Carrying at SLC next to the sign. Arming yourself in the restroom is a great idea, other here on the forum have claimed to do the same thing at SLC. We have never been hassled there for OC.
oc002.jpg

PavePusher

imported post

Thanks for the picture repost! I'll have to see if I can get a matching one...

On a side note, to hijack my own thread, do you know if anyone up there has a SERPA for a 1911 in stock? Everyone down here seems to be out. Just picked up my new Taurus last night, and am making do with a Fobus for the moment, but I'd definitly prefer more retention for OC. TIA!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

There are plenty of places to get that Serpa here. Skaggs in Salt Lake, Sportsmans Warehouse in Midvale or Provo, Cabelas in Lehi, Get Some Guns in Murray. Skaggs probably has the best price.