• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL: Another Poll on College Carry

lildobe

Pittsburgh (Beechview), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

C'mon guys! Liet swing this one in our favor!

Yes
pollimg.gif
42% (126) No
pollimg.gif
56% (170) Not Sure
pollimg.gif
2% (6)

sjhipple

imported post

Do you think lawmakers should pass a bill that would allow college students to carry a gun on campus?
Total Votes: 455

Yes
pollimg.gif
54% (244)

No
pollimg.gif
45% (204)

Not Sure
pollimg.gif
2% (7)

WhiteFeather

imported post

Call me the wet blanket to the party. But what do we as a group or as a rights activist gain by voting on all of these polls and swaying the ballance to make it "look" like "most people" feel this way?

Everyone has written at one time or another that these polls mean nothing and are mostly corrupt. But by drowning out everyone with the memebers of this board are we not corrupting these polls to construde the answer we want and not the true public opinion?

I don't say this to be an (blank) but this has been that continuing thought that bounces in my head everytime I see another thread titled "Poll". If I am wrong which most likey is the case I ask of someone more tallented than I to point out my mis thoughts.

Sitrep

imported post

WhiteFeather you're a wet blanket.:D

I'm not sure who is using this poll as guidance, but if a politician sees it I'd like him to think that most americans are gun-friendly. And I'd like average citizens who see it to think, "if most people are cool with guns, I should be too." People who don't have a strong oppinion one way or another are easily swayed by their perceptions of the rest of society.

How would you feel if an anti group was doing their best to make these polls say Americans hate guns? (I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying)

Also, I didn't think we had that much power here. I only voted once, and unless everyone who read this topic voted on it, I'd believe that there are a lot of other people out there voting for freedom over security.

sjhipple

imported post

Here's what I said to the same question on a different thread:

"They're not scientific but most people aren't free thinkers. They're followers and seeing a poll overwhelmingly go one way softens them up to considering accepting that point of view as their own."