Thread: Trip to Reston, Va

Post imported post

Have a friend that is traveling to Reston,Va this weekend. I am not 100% sure, is Reston part Of DC or is it VA? Any info would be appreciated.

Post imported post

VA not DC

Post imported post

I think the big clue would be xxx, VA...

Reston is actually a bit far from DC.

McLean, Arlington, and Alexandria are near the border of DC.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Reston is actually a bit far from DC.

McLean, Arlington, and Alexandria are near the border of DC.
    lol

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    I was going to say the same thing!:celebrate

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Despite the fact some folks want to be wise guys, it may help to know that the parts of DC that were originally sculpted from Virginia, and which STILL show on some maps, were ceded back to Virginia.

Nothing west of the Potomac is DC.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Reston is indeed part of Virginia, but there are a lot of Federal gotcha zones in Northern VA. around D.C. Most, but not all are fairly obvious.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Reston is indeed part of Virginia, but there are a lot of Federal gotcha zones in Northern VA. around D.C. Most, but not all are fairly obvious.
    What I think would be nice is if there was some type of interactive map system that showed, on a street level, what areas would be prohibited, based on the current statutes (I.E school zones, ect) I think this would help out people who are hesitant to carry due to fear of inadvertantly violating the prohibited carry statutes.

Post imported post

Reston is most assuredly part of "Occupied NoVa"!

Post imported post

I live and OC in reston daily

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Despite the fact some folks want to be wise guys, it may help to know that the parts of DC that were originally sculpted from Virginia, and which STILL show on some maps, were ceded back to Virginia.

Nothing west of the Potomac is DC.
    Yes. That part of DC which was in Virginia and completed the square, is now known as Arlington.. named after Robert E. Lee's mansion which overlooked Washington on the Virginia side.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I've carried in Reston before, I think. ...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Do note that there is a small area on the west side of the river, which includes about a quarter-mile of the GW Parkway, and thirty yards of asphaltimmediately west of the FrancisScott Key bridge (up to the boundary-marker obelisk),which IS part of the District of Columbia.

While we are on the topic, do note too that Ronald Reagan National Airport is NOT in Washington DC whatsoever. The airport is entirely in within Arlington County, Virginia. An offender who commits a crime at the airport, will have his first court appearance in the Arlington County General District Court and/or the Arlington County Circuit Court. An offender charged with a violation of federal law for conduct committed at the airport, will have his court appearance in the City of Alexandria, at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.

There is no airport serving commercial civilian air traffic anywhere in Washington DC.

See http://content.answers.com/main/cont...lite_image.jpg

Post imported post

That's a good map.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
    Do note that there is a small area on the west side of the river, which includes about a quarter-mile of the GW Parkway, and thirty yards of asphaltimmediately west of the FrancisScott Key bridge (up to the boundary-marker obelisk),which IS part of the District of Columbia.

The area is a park which is an Island in the river. The border between Virginia and Maryland or DC is the Virginia shoreline. If you are standing in the Patomic River or aboard any vessel or water craft which is on the Patomic River or standing on a Island which is in the river you are no longer in Virginia and subject to the laws of either Maryland or DC. In this case the Island mentioned is part of DC. This is the reason I will not canoe on the Patomic River downstream of West Virginia. I can't carry my pistol there.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

Carry concealed and nobody will know. You certainly won't end up like Danbus, who had guns pointed at him.